14

EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY THE WAY IT SHOULD BE; THE WAY IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. ALWAYS.

The Economics class she shares with Sae-mi and Joo-da appears like it always had- picturesquely dull. She looks around her; carefully assessing the looks on people's faces and trying to detect from their expressions if they knew anything about what happened, or if they are curious about the white gauze around her head.

But they don't, and they aren't. They don't look back except for a few particular boys who blatantly crave her dissipating attention. She sighs; averting her gaze just as Yeo Joo-da walks inside the room.

A smile pulls around the corners of her mouth- one that dissolves as soon as she notices the person walking right behind her.

Shin Sae-mi.

Her roommate notices this, too. Because after taking her seat beside her, she turns to send a cold glare to the girl- one that is enough to make Sae-mi feel the chills in her bones.

She doesn't sit near them this time. She doesn't dare to.

"How are you feeling today?" Joo-da asks her, turning in her seat and taking out a pen.

She finds herself shrugging. "I'm fine," she brushes off her concerns like it's nothing. "There's nothing wrong with me- I've already told you this. Anyway," she pauses, seeming to search for a way to divert the attention from herself. "How is Soo-chul holding up?"

Her roommate makes a face, and she finds herself nodding in understanding even when in reality, she doesn't understand. When Jinmichae enters the class, their already scarce conversation stops completely.

She wants to ask about Ha-ru, but it looks like her character doesn't care much about him on the Stage. She hasn't seen him ever since that night he walked away from her and all she wants to do right now is hunt him down and make him understand why she did what she did.

Only if the Writer would let her.

When the class draws to an end, she blinks, and she is no longer sitting beside her roommate anymore but in front of her in the cafeteria. Ahn Soo-chul pokes at his food with a sullen look on his face, his eyes lingering on the phone more than anything else.

"Where is everyone else?" She asks out loud. Her question lingers in the air for a few precious seconds as her friends stare at her face before finally deciding to answer.

"Do-hwa is on his way." For some reason, Joo-da appears to be in a good mood when she says this. "He said he is bringing us ice-creams."

She almost thought her gladness evolved from getting rid of Sae-mi's character on the Stage. But this too is a valid reason for happiness.

"That's just great," Soo-chul comments dryly, looking anything but thrilled himself.

Lee Do-hwa arrives on cue, a bag of frozen delicacies swinging from his hand as he makes his way towards them. He is alone, she dejectedly realizes- his star player of a best friend missing from his place beside him.

But she only smiles when he places a cup in front of her. "Thanks, Do-hwa."

"It's a get well soon present." He rubs Joo-da's hair in his usual affectionate manner as she goes back to her plate of food.