Chapter 12: Final Selection and Neon

Start from the beginning

"Caw! Good luck on the final selection (Y/N)-sama! Caw! We wish you to return safely after the final selection! Caw!" The Kasugai crow said and flew away. I went up the stairs so I can arrive at the meeting area.

I finally arrive and I saw a lot of participants who will take the final selection.

"Wow! So many participants. They really want to be a demon slayer." I said in my mind and I started walking and find a spot on where I will stay for awhile.

After a few minutes more participants started coming to take the final selection and then it started. Two girls went to the platform and I notice that Hinaki and Nichika will take charge.

"Dear participants, we thank you for gathering here to join the demon slayer corps final selection." They both said at the same time.

"Here on Fujikasane Mountain, we have in captivity a lot demons caught alive by our very own slayers. There is no way they can get out of here." Hinaki said

"That is because wisteria blooms which demons fear the most bloom all year from the hillside to the foot of the mountain." Nichika said.

"But from this point onward, there will be no wisteria blooms, so demons may appear." Hinaki warned

"If you can survive in this place for seven days, you are qualified for the final selection." Nichika said.

"Thus, we wish you all the best." They both said and they bow at the participants.

"Seven days?! I don't know if I can survive in the Fujikasane mountain that long." I said in my mind with worry.

Then one by one all the participants started going to the forest we're the demons were imprisoned, I was the only one who was left at the meeting area and when I was about to go I heard my younger sister Hinaki called me and she motioned me to come at their platform for a sec.

"We wish you luck Nee-san, all of us will wait for your arrival after the test." Hinaki and Nichika said at the same time. I hug both of them and they hug back as well, they separated from the hug and I said.

"Don't worry, your Nee-san will surely survive seven days here in Fujikasane." I said.

"Well, I'm off now see you in seven days." I said and went to the forest.

-Mini TimeSkip-
I was running while I held my sword in my hand just in case a demon will pop out, then a demon came out and it tried to claw me with his hands but I easily dodge it. I readied my sword just so if he will try to claw me again I will decapitate his head before he gets to close.

"Grrrrr! Stay still! I haven't eaten a human for 10 years because I was imprisoned in this stupid mountain!" He said very angrily and he ran to my direction and he tried to claw me again but he was too slow and my sword got contact with his neck and I sliced it easily. The demons head landed on the ground and it rolled off until it was facing me. It started crumble into ashes and before his head disintegrate he spoke.

"Grrrrrr! Damn it! I can't die just yet! Grrrr! It's that demon slayer's fault who brought me here in this wisteria prison!" He shouted and his head fully disintegrate.

When the head was gone I started running again and find more demons to slay.

-Timeskip 4th day-
Its was in the afternoon and I was sitting in a log while eating the onigiri that mother made for me. While I was about to take my last bite in the onigiri I suddenly heard footsteps. I ate the last piece of the onigiri, I hurriedly wrap the onigiri and place it back to my clothes and I unsheathed my sword.