IV. A FRIEND.

I entered the classroom and even though Kobayashi was motioning for me to come sit next to him, I decided to sit elsewhere. Kobayashi looked upset by this, but I didn't notice since I had my back turned from him.

Yacchan sat next to me. Toono and Kashima sat next to each other in the seats behind mine and Yacchan's. Kobayashi watched as Yacchan and the two boys spoke to me. Kobayashi felt a wave of jealously wash over him as he formed fists with his hands.

Yacchan looked back at Kobayashi and he was glaring straight at him. Yacchan looked away uncomfortably meanwhile Kobayashi's hard stare remained on him. Once he turned all of his attention towards me, his gaze softened and he loosened his fists. He stared at me in complete and utter awe.

" Nichirin Kimura. . " He says softly as he chokes on his words, barely managing to get them out as he holds one hand up in the air before allowing it to fall on his desk.

" You are now my rival, " He says as his attention turns back towards Yacchan.

~

Class ended and Kobayashi was the first one up out of his seat. He quickly made his way on over towards my seat, handing me my book bag.

" I could carry it for you if you wish, " He says.

" Um, I've got it. . " I say as I put my book bag on.

I was about to exit the classroom when I hear my name being choked out once more. I stop dead in my tracks and turn around to face Kobayashi. He was standing there with his arm held out yet again. He allowed it to fall and hang loosely by his side.

A part of me felt bad. He was new just like me. He didn't have any friends at the school and I guess he thought talking to me would make things easier for him since I'm new as well. Does he even know I'm new though? I sighed and walked back to him.

" Follow me, " I say.

He nods his head and follows me to the bathroom. I enter the last stall and I motion for him to enter it as well. He was hesitant at first, but he entered it anyways. I locked the stall.

" You could take the toilet. I'll just sit on the floor, " I say.

He sits down on the toilet and just as I'm about to sit down on the floor, he wraps his arms around my waist from behind and pulls me down on his lap. His arms remained wrapped around me. I just sit there with a blank expression on my face.

" Or I could just sit on your lap. Sure, that works as well, " I say as I roll my eyes.

" But, do you think maybe you could. . " I say.

He unwraps his arms from around me. He leans against the back of the toilet. I unzip my book bag and take a book out of it, tossing my book bag aside. I held the book up in front of me.

" Do you like to read? " I ask him.

" I do, but I would prefer to have you read to me," He says.

" Okay. . Well, have you ever read this book before? " I ask him.

He shakes his head.

" Alright, " I say.

I lean back against him and I turn the book around in my hands. I read the summary of the book out loud. I open the book, flipping to the first page of the book and I began to read out loud to him. He wouldn't open his mouth anymore after that. He loved the sound of my voice. I read the first two chapters of the book.

" Will you do this every day with me? Come here and read me a chapter, " He says.

" I do this every day anyway, so that's a matter of whether you wanna do this every day or not, " I say.

I get up off of him, grabbing my book bag and putting my book back inside of it, zipping my book bag shut.

" Will you hang out with me after school? " He asks.

" Like. . Have you come over to my house? " I ask.

He nods his head.

" Sure I guess, " I say.

I've never hung out with someone before. I've never had someone ask me to hang out before. I've never spent lunch in a bathroom stall with someone else before. I've never had someone be so nice to me before or gentle with me.

Kobayashi stood up as well.

time skip to the end of the day~

Kobayashi was waiting for me outside of the bathroom stall as I was using the bathroom. Once I was done doing my business, we left the bathroom and exited out of the front entrance of the school. He was walking alongside me and he was walking rather close to me.

His fingers rubbed against mine as our hands came into contact as we were walking. I didn't think anything of it, but Kobayashi took this as an invitation to hold my hand. He intertwined his fingers with mine once taking my hand in his. I look down at our hands and up at him before looking back down at our hands.

" What do you think you're doing? " I ask.

" What does it look like I'm doing? Why I'm holding your hand of course, " He says.

I look away from him as I roll my eyes. We're walking down the sidewalk when I spot my parents car in my driveway in the near distance.

What are my parents doing home from work? They weren't supposed to get off until later tonight. Oh great, now I'm gonna have to introduce him to my parents. . I thought to myself.