TOP RIGHT CORNER

CHAPTER 1 - 2019

I was sitting in my warm room with my study table full of utensils and books. The test series was about to end. I was uninterruptedly staring at the coils of my heater through its yellow light. It wasn't so satisfying for my eyes but I was in deep thought. It surely wasn't about my science exam (which was the next day). It was thoughtful planning about my dear trip to Shimla. My brain hemispheres were divided into four studying, day and night just to pass the test series( with flying colours). By the time I reached Shimla in my mind, I could feel my pajamas burning by the heater's heat. I switched it off and started revising the Ohms Law.

In a few days, I passed all my exams including one where I convinced my parents for the holiday. So dear people my Christmas & New Year's was set in the queen of hill stations.

"Things go good until they want"

The next day we still sat in the car but I had my maths books in my bag along with Doritos, laptop, and headphones.

In the car, I could hear my mom planning my study schedule for my pre-boards, but there were my songs and headphones saving me from the conversation.

Within 5 hours I was away from the world, in a town with sky both above and below. The temperature was good enough to refreeze a melted ice cube.

There was nothing just me - Ravik Patel above the 9th cloud sitting in the balcony of my flat.

It turned dark real quick. The sky looked flawless. It looked like someone had painted it. Full of twinkling stars and pink coloured moon in the centre.

My parents finished unpacking and I could hear my mom calling me for dinner. I had a great dinner and was on bed by 11 pm with at least 4 layers of clothes and was asleep by 12am.

The next day I woke up to Christmas eve. The weather was quite subtle. We went for a walk in the morning and left for shopping and site seeing by 12 pm. We were able to come home by 7pm completely tired.

After food, I was in my balcony the staring at the beautiful sky. There were thoughts in my mind about how single I am but I didn't go deep in that topic as I was really sleepy.

Christmas was quite good. We had lunch at a good multi-cuisine Restaurant at a 5-star. I was 15.5 but I still believed that my present was given by Santa.

The next 5 days went real fast. I solved my maths assignments, we saw a movie, had a good buffet lunch, also spent one-day binging Netflix shows.

Finally, it was the '31st December' and we were going to enter the last year of the decade. Year in which I'll turn 16. Year in which I'll pass my 10th grade. Year in which I'll finally date.

It was a good day. All of us woke up late and spent the day at home. Soon it was evening and we had ordered food from outside. We had our dinner by 10 pm and also our movie ended at 11 pm. So we had to spend an hour more. We were quite sleepy. My mom served us some hot tea by 11:45 pm, whose single sip took our sleep off. At 11:59 pm, We had our cups in our hand to do cheers with.

And 1............2..............3

We entered 2020.