CHAPTER 4 - HER

I entered the online class. There were new admissions. As I was scrolling down the name column in search of new names, our economics teachers asked us to switch on our cameras and mics. I was pretty excited. I was wearing BOSS perfume thinking that all the new girls will fall for the fragrance.

Everyone switched on their cameras. They were many new faces. In between those, there was a face with dark brown eyes, which were covered with round plastic specs. There was a strand of her black hair falling over her cheek. I was just mesmerised seeing such a beauty in real life. As we came onto the part of introduction, her roll number came. She started introducing herself " I'm Faaiza. I am 16 years old. I like to write and dance. I have also been a state level ballet dance, thank you." She had a very soft and soothing voice. I was so happy that at least one of our hobbies matched. I could feel my heart smiling.

The class ended, but the joy didn't. I was smiling. Her voice was still echoing in my ears. Like how she said "Faaiza" . As I was admiring her, Gina entered my room.

Before I said a "Hello" she enquired why I was blushing. I told her the whole story about Faaiza and she was listening with deep interest. She was sitting on the edge of my bed chewing gum and staring me with her sapphire blue eyes. As I finished there was a Gina smile across her face. She stood and screamed loudly "Ravik, you are finally in love. I'm so happy". Saying this she disappeared. More than a girlfriend, Gina was my best friend. She knew everything about me and I could bet that even after being my gf, she'll be the happiest person if I date someone.

She left, but left me with a question. If I was actually in love? Thinking about her the day came to an end.

It was dinner time. The whole family was sitting around. I was sitting staring my empty plate and smiling as some joke was written there. My grand-maa noticed me. She looked at me with her eyebrows up and then gave me a smirk. It seemed like some Indian family drama. Her actioned signified that she knew that there was something fishy. I ate my dinner in a hurry and left the table.

The night that day was a great one. I was lying on my bed staring the ceiling fan. The 2am silence was hitting me real hard. I was stuck in that question that was I really in love. As I turned my head, Gina was sitting on the couch. She scared the shit out of me. I whispered "what are you doing here at this time ?" And she answered nonchalantly in a sleepy tone "waiting for you to sleep" I could have given her a hug for this but rather I exclaimed that "I'm not able to speak because of you !" She was like what the hell dude i just came few minutes ago. I said "I don't know am I actually in love?".

Listening to this intense dilemma she was like "Awwwwwww Ravikkkk". Gina it is 2am stop awwing me, either advice me or help me sleep.

She than came a little forward held my hands, looked into my sleepy eyes and said "Ravik love is not something to be scared of. It's the most beautiful feeling. They are times we are not sure that are we actually in love. So we could check it. When we see someone we love, a cold breeze touches our cheeks, the moon seems a little larger, sun seems brighter". She sounded a little dramatic but as I was lost in her oceanic eyes while she was speaking nothing could be more dramatic than that.

I got up and as I was getting ready. Gina's words were running across my mind. Believe me they were running like a 100m sprint, one after another. I sat down logged in my class.

Cameras were off. I could just read her name on the top right of my screen. Today it was boys turn to give the introduction. As my turn came i gave my introduction. Mentioning my hobbies as poetry and playing guitar. The economics teacher knew me. She knew Mannu and I were great entertainers. Mannu as in Aman, He was my craziest friend. So she asked us to escape the class from boredom. We started with our lame jokes which were world famous.

As we were cracking jokes, ma'am asked the class to switch on their cameras. I saw heaven on the top right corner of my screen that day. She had such a beautiful smile. I cleared all the tests mentioned, I could feel the cold breeze touching my face, sun also seemed little brighter. As Mannu was entertaining she kept on laughing, seeing her laugh, I could clearly hear my heartbeat.

As the class ended. I could see a large moon with twinkling stars at 4pm outside my window. It was just showing I was in love.

Within a few minutes there was snapchat notification

- Faaiza added you as friend.