CHAPTER 15 - BIRTHDAY-2

"THANKYOU" she screamed back.

"This is so so good" she added. "We are the best, duhh!" Subah exclaimed, "Why didn't Ayaan come, Ravik" Vir tried to tease her "Hahah, very funny" she replied.

While all this was going on, I was busy gazing at Faaiza. She looked so pretty, her exquisite brown eyes were shining with joy. "Ravik, you didn't wish me," Faaiza said.... "Damn, Ravik didn't wish the Birthday Girl" Mannu shouted in the background. "I did scream 'Happy Birthday' with everyone" I explained. "Lol, I know I was just messing with you," she said laughingly. "So guys, my family is calling me for the cake cutting. I'll come on hp around 1:30". We all said 'Okay' and left the meeting.

It was around 12:30, all my family members were asleep and I was sitting on a chair with my laptop in front of me waiting for time to be 1:30.

"Happy Eve Ravik" Gina wished......."Thank you Gina"

"So didn't you wish her in person" "I wrote a 150 words birthday wish which she hasn't read yet"

"Why are sounding so low, it's Faaiza's birthday be a bit cheerful" "Why do you find me low all the time" I shouted, "Don't get mad at me, when you sound low I tell you" she shouted back in the same pitch.

"Ok sorry," I said. "Now tell me peacefully what happened, you have one long hour".

"How do you..", "I know everything, now tell what's the matter".

"So Gina I want to tell Faaiza, I mean I wanna propose Faaiza, It's been three months and she doesn't even have a clue about this. She thinks I tell her everything and thinking this she tells me everything, she confides in me and I just hide my feelings, but if she says no I won't even share the things I share now". I expressed myself out in a breath. "Propose her at 1:30" she replied.

"Are you crazy, I don't wanna be sad on my birthday" I said "Why do you think like this, there are more chances of a 'yes' than a 'no' ". Gina was very good at convincing, so by 1:30, I was ready to propose her.

"Gina, Faaiza is inviting me on houseparty," I said, "All the Best" she replied and disappeared.

I joined, she was alone. All others went offline except Anish and Subah who were in a separate room. "Happy Birthday Faaizu, see I wished you again," I said, "Umm, wait a sec" she sounded as she was reading something...."Okay".

After around 1-2 minutes she shouted-"This is so good, Ravik. Thank youuuu, You are the best", she was reading my birthday wish. "It was the best birthday wish so far" she added. "Thank you" I replied with a big prideful smile.

That was the moment I realized that unlike Faaiza I expressed better on text than call.

Subah and Anish also joined us in a while, we all talked till 3 am, we also played truth & dare.

At last at 3 am I came to bed, Gina was sitting beside, glaring at me.

"Why didn't you propose her?" she asked. "So, Gina I like poetry I like writing so wouldn't it be better if I write it down and message her". She stared with the same look for a while then said-"I don't know I want you to propose her by tomorrow". "Okay Miss, now may I sleep".

I was so happy that Faaiza liked my wish. I woke up at 12 pm the next day. Insta and Snapchat were filled with Faaiza's Happy Birthday story and my Eve's story. I came out of my room after getting ready, to halve the scoldings. My mother after seeing me was going to scold for waking up late but as she saw me ready she ended up in saying-"Lunch is ready".

I had my lunch and came to my room. I was playing guitar when I got a streak from Faaiza. She was wearing a denim jumpsuit, she looked magnificent as ever. Seeing her I remembered that I had to write the proposal it sounds as it was my homework, but it was tougher than it.

I sat on an edge of my bed while the day came to an end, staring my phone writing the proposal. I wanted to write something different and by 10 pm I came up with something.

I was not allowed to leave my room for the next two hours as my family was planning some surprise, so I decided to take a nap as I slept real late the previous night and I knew I wasn't sleeping that night also.

I took a blanket and came to bed and suddenly my phone started ringing, it was Faaiza.

"How was your day, Birthday Girl," I asked in a sleepy voice, "It was amazing, I just came back from my family dinner" she replied. "Nice"  "Why are you sounding so drowsy," she asked.

"Was going to take a nap till 12" "Um, okay". I ended the call and put an alarm for 11:50 pm.

But I woke up 5 minutes before the alarm, that power nap had given me enough strength to send the proposal. I opened Snapchat, Faaiza had texted me '10 mins to go'. It was time where her birthday was near the end and mine was going to start so I wrote 'Thankyou' and as she saw it I sent her the Proposal-

"On the Top Right Corner of my Screen

There was a Girl

A girl with big brown eyes

A girl with big round specs

A girl who made me realise that a guy can fall for a smile

A girl who taught me that a crush can be a friend

A girl who taught me that there are no sorry in friendship

A girl who expressed herself while seeing into my eyes

A girl who cried in front of me without any afterthought

A girl who trusted me

A girl who shared everything

A girl who made me realise that there is a difference between like and love

A girl for whom my liking changed into something more than an infatuation

And I, a young teen guy

Who fell for that girl the moment he saw her

Whose love for that girl increased some tons every time he saw her

Who came to the garden for some oxygen every time after seeing her new Instagram post

Who kept hiding his feelings with perfection

But today that guy has borrowed some courage and is asking you-

'Will You Date Me?'. "

A few seconds before 12 am she replied

"Yesss".

We (never) lived happily ever after.

To be continued....