F O U R T E E N: Lukewarm

The cold had long ago seeped into my bones. I could feel them becoming brittle and freezing in my own skin. I didn't even try to call a flame anymore. Not until I knew I was ready.
But it would all be over soon. These bars, the icicles, the nights of shivering, it would all be gone. I had never seen a power like Sophie's, although I should expect it. It wasn't like she owned the ability like I did either. Nobody could force an Pyrokinetic to spray that many flames with sheer words. If I could just get my hands on Gethen, he would be able to keep a cycle of Sophie's worst memories running through her mind. She would light up like a torch.
My smile curved as I imagined what I could do with her. I had no doubt calling Everblaze would be easy for her. She could decimate the entire Forbidden Cities if she really tried. But that would only be my beginning.
And even though our past was rocky, I still ached at the thought of what the Black Swan were doing to her. I was so tired of elven prejudices. So much raw potential being doused.
But I had to focus on more time important things. The guards outside were luckily suffering from the same problem as me. I could see the ice stretching across their shining armor. They were the night guard, likely the most tired and their armor would be thinner, easier to burn. I could use it to my advantage.
Turning away from them, I cradled my hands close to my face. I held my breath for a second, then exhaled the hot breath onto my shaking fingers. They reveled in the sudden warmth and I grappled onto it.
The yellow orange dancer called Fire burst to life. I held it close to my face, afraid it would die out. Breathing slowly into it, I let the flames envelope my entire hand. The spiking temperatures for my body left me numb. Most of me was almost completely frozen, while my hands felt the heat of life in its grasp. Now, with hands aflame, I turned to the guards.

They didn't even get the chance to open their mouths.

Stepping over the melted metal bars and the ash that used to be them, I strode confidently back up the corridor. There would only be more elves coming this way, but I could take them effortlessly.
Everything was coming together like a puzzle in my mind. I had been waiting for the final piece, Sophie, and with her soon to be at my side, the gleeful laughs wouldn't stop.
I couldn't wait to tell Lady Gisela my plan. It would shut her up enough to take back control of the Neverseen. All I had to do now was get the puzzle piece.
I smiled, and let fire rain down on us all.