Chapter 11

Hero POV:

Oh god, oh god, oh god.

I repeat over and over to myself as I run through the woods with a dead Josephine in my arms. My wolf is becoming insane and it's taking everything inside of me to keep him locked away from taking control. Blood covers my arms and chest as it does Jo, with the dagger still logged in her chest, blood has destroyed her pure white dress. It's as if the blood is taunting me, telling me that I caused her pain and death. I did.

Felix! Kathrine! I yell out through the mind link.

Come to the lake, Kathrine replies softly.

I then change the direction I'm running in slightly, so that I now head in the direction of the near by lake. Holding tightly onto my mate I finally arrive to the lake only to then see Kathrine and Felix standing by a canoe.

Why the fuck do they have a canoe?

"Why the fuck do you guys have a canoe?" I voice my thoughts.

"Because," Kathrine spits the word out in annoyance, "the moon draws power from water like the sun draws power from fire. This is to help Josephine gain power because trust me, she's gonna need it for what she's about to go through. Now place her in it, then after we are gonna send her out into the middle under the moons light."

"From there it's the Moon Goddesses turn." Felix then says.

How do they know so much?

I carefully place Jo into the canoe and fight myself off so that I don't go running back to her. Her blonde hair surrounds her head like a halo, the light of the moon makes her pale skin stand out against the blood and glow.

She is so beautiful, Hardin whimpers, still in pain and feeling the effects of Jos passing.

Me and Felix push the canoe that Jo lyes in, into the water where it then seems as if a force is pulling her. She floats there for a few moments, the moon seems to grow brighter. Just then a feeling of scorching fire erupts in my chest making me collapse.

Did I mention that once our mate dies, we will too? Hardin then asks with a faded and weak voice.

No you didn't! I exclaim back to him, then regretting it for I can feel myself grow weaker.

"AAAHHHHH!" I scream as it feels like my body is engulfed in flames, messy tears stream down my face as I continue to scream in pure agony.

"Hero!" Both Kathrine and Felix yell and run over to me, Felix places a hand on me to then quickly remove it with a hiss. "Holy shit! His skin feels like fire," he tells Kat.

"Oh. My. God." I hear Kat whisper, but it doesn't sound like she is saying it to Felix's words, more as if she is reacting to something else.

I try and find enough strength to open my eyes, after I do; I look to the lake to then see it glowing a bright blue. Steam starts to radiate from the water, it gets thicker and thicker until finally I cannot see the canoe in which my beautiful mate lyes. But I cannot focus on that, for the pain in my body has grown harsher.

How have I not died yet?!

In this moment everything comes crashing down on me, my mates dead, the world fears me, I let my sister die, my parents and brother have not talked to me in 4 years and lastly, my body is internally on fire and I'm dying slowly. Making sure that I'm suffering through the pain, is this punishment from the Moon Goddess herself?

Suddenly I then notice the steam making its way towards me, Kat and Felix try and rush to my side to move me, but they are both thrown back by a unknown force. The foggy steam surrounds me and the pain subsides a slight amount, making the pain slightly more tolerable. My body is lifted from the grass covered ground and is held in the air, the unknown force doing this then takes me closer and closer to the water.

I am carried above the neon blue water for a minute until I approach the familiar canoe, the difference this time from the last moment that I saw it; is now my dead mate is sitting upright and stiffly. Her head is turned away from me, oh how I wish to see her gorgeous eyes.

Right before me being within arms reach of her, I am dropped into the water. The pain goes away to being almost none existent, but I still have no strength; I'm drowning.

I feel myself sink lower and lower, I look up to the surface when the water starts to burn and invade my lungs. When I start to see silent stars dance in my vision I welcome the death that is about to consume me, this is the moment where the smiling child I used to be, and the ruthless adult I am now start to seep out of me and I am carried into oblivion.

All the people I have been throughout my life, leave my now empty body that used to hold so much life and love. I blink my eyes one more time at the surface, the last thing I see before darkness consumes me is the sight of a figure leaning over the side of the canoe; watching me.

I love you Josephine

Is the last thing I think before my body is enveloped in warmth and peace with soothing darkness.

"It's not your time," a soft warm voice whispers and wraps small arms around me. A chilling breeze flows over me, "WAKE UP!" A loud voice rings through my mind. I startle awake to then be met with pure white eyes that have replaced comforting blue ones. I feel a hard surface underneath me, with a different looking Jo in front of me.

"Now you may sleep my love," she whispers out through rosey pink lips.

Next thing I know, I'm out like a light with my head in Jos lap with soft fingers running through my hair and the last words I hear are, "I love you Hero."

Note from author❤️:

Wow, this was a rollercoaster. What? You didn't think Hero was actually going to die, did you?

Hahahaha

If you have questions of any sort or just wanna talk either comment or DM me!

You know you love me xoxo,
Zoë