"I fucked your pretty little girl," he whispered.

Red.

Everything around me was red.

I growled which increased to a scream as I tugged on the chains behind me. Another snapped which caused me to lurch forward, but I was too slow to see the fist that came forward and collided with my jaw.

Black.

Everything around me was black.

-

"He's up, he's coming around... I told him I slept with his girlfriend... She's not? Then what are they? That makes no sense... So they haven't fucked.... All right man, I'll get back to you."

I groaned and licked my parched lips. As I sat up everything shook until I profusely blinked to regain my proper eye sight. The first thing I noticed was John leaning against the bars, the second thing was that my mark no longer began to hurt, and the third thing was that my jaw freaking hurt.

"Good morning, Sunshine."

I scowled at him. "How long was I out?"

"Three minutes."

I spread my legs out in front of me and raised my hands to the side of my head. "You're a dumb shit motherfucking arsehole. Why'd you wind me up like that?"

His smirk was present which only deepened my scowl. "To have a valid reason to knock you out. I'm surprised you remembered what you said, because you owe me an apology."

"I only remember bits and pieces." I began to rub my temples as if I would be able to recollect my forgotten memories. "Some things were blurry. I remember the punch, what you said before you bloody knocked me to my arse, and the pain from my mark."

"You act like a whiny bitch when you're not yourself."

"What did I say to you?"

He exaggerated his sigh with an additional eye roll. "You wanted to kill me so you would be able to replace me so my father would treat you like, and I quote, 'a second son'. Sometimes... when the mark 'possesses' your thoughts it speaks your mind. Like you won't do or say something stupid unless you're really drunk. Sometimes the mark speaks the true thought of the person. Which gets to my question, do you really want to kill me?"

I wanted to answer him, to tell him that I didn't want to kill him, but for some reason I was hesitant. The pause was interpreted as answer enough for John, but his assumption was way off.

"I don't want to kill you. I think... I just like the idea of -- for once -- having some kind of father figure. I wouldn't kill you John," I shook my head. "I'll never kill you."

You're a piece of shit with no use in this world.

I inaudibly gasped at the realisation. "John... I-I'm sorry-"

He raised his hand to cut me off. "S'okay. I've kinda learnt not to take things to heart. So, how are you feeling?"

"I want to suffocate myself in my bed sheets and cradle myself until I'm literally back to a foetus. Or in simple terms, I feel like fly infested horse shit."

"You have a way with words."

"Who were you on the phone with? I thought you said we were miles from civilisation, which means no signal."

John turned away from me and shrugged his shoulders. "We are away from civilisation, but we're not in the middle of nowhere. And I called Louis, he and the boys will be coming down here to... assist me."