Twelve

"You live in the building opposite from Niall's?" 

"Yeah," he says. "But I doubt he's home, he and the boys gotta run a few work related errand."

"Right." Work related. "Again, sorry about being nosey and-"

He waved his hand, cutting me off, "Don't worry about it. It's fine. Would you like to come up, maybe for a cup of tea?" He knelt his head as a form of prominence. I laughed and so did he. 

"Sure." 

Harry's flat was located on the first floor of the building, I had asked him why he hadn't gotten one on the higher levels and he told me that if there was ever an earthquake then he'd be able to make it down to the basement where he would take shelter. I called him an idiot and he replied with the obvious "takes one to know one."

"So this is my place," when he managed to unlock the door I was welcomed to complete warmness and looked around Harry's flat. I noticed the occasional photographs here and there set in frames which hung from the simple grey walls. 

It was much bigger than I thought it would be, his kitchen was fairly large for just one person and he had far too many seats in the living area. Oddly there were shirts and socks that littered the floor, but one thing caught my eye which I was certain did not belong to Harry. 

"This yours?" I tried to hide my smile as I held the bright red laced brassiere with the tip of my fingertip. He spun around and immediately widened his eyes, almost running to grab it from me. His face turned an immediate flush pink and I knew he was avoiding any eye contact with me.

"It's not mine..."

"I sure hope not, red isn't exactly your colour."

"That's not what I meant... it—just never mind yeah? Give me a minute to clear this stuff up."

Having kept his word Harry joined me on the plush sofa not too long after, kicking his feet onto the coffee table. "Sorry about that," he grinned with a simple shrug. 

"All good. I don't judge." 

"Come," he said and stood up. 

I followed him to the kitchen where he gestured for me to take a seat on one of the white stools while he brewed himself and I a cup of tea. He had obviously gone through a simple look when he constructed the place. I'd mentioned it to him, how the colour schemes of his home were simple yet unusual but all in a good way.

"This place was furnished when I bought it," he answered. "I added a thing or two, a few photos here and there; otherwise it was all here already."

"Ahh," I clicked my tongue and rotated around in the stool, it was fun for a bit until I became unsteady on my seat which Harry snickered at. "How is your place so warm? Whenever I get home it's like some ice castle."

"I have a set timer for the thermostat, easier that way I guess. Two sugars?"

I nodded with a smile as he handed the cup of scolding hot tea that made me flinch when the scorching liquid hit my tongue. 

"Careful... it's hot."

I blinked and gazed at him clearly annoyed by his sarcasm and that stupid smirk he had, "Yeah no shit, Sherlock." Now my tongue feels numb and tingly. 

"So got any plans for the weekend?" He asked me.

"No. I might just go grocery shopping, call my dad or whatever. Nothing planned, how about yourself?" 

"Niall and I have our Judo class tomorrow, otherwise nothing."

"Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning that. So you know some moves then?" I cocked my brow and blew my tea until I was satisfied and took another sip.