Thirty-Five

Cass.

It was as if my eyes deceived me, my entire life becoming a lie. Physically I couldn't get myself to move, mentally my mind was running amuck in chaos. Everything seemed to laughable, werewolves exist, witches exist, my father whom I feared would have died is right behind me for God knows what reason. My hands shook as I continued to stare at Harry's gasping figure, his head was bowed with his long ringlets covering his face but his surprise was just as evident.

His eye was wide, mouth agape much like mine were. In the distance I heard my name being called but I ignored whomever was speaking. I met Alivia's gaze, but she only smirked with her hands hidden in the pockets of her trench coat. Everything felt so heavy, so hazy, just as if I were about to pass out but some unridden force was keeping my body conscious even if it was the last thing I wanted.

"Look at me," he roughly spoke. Just his voice was enough to make me want to throw up, no more playful, fun, sarcastic, loving dad. Whoever this man is, is not my father. "You turn around right this minute or I will do it myself!"

Suddenly I regained all my senses, the heavy thump of my heart was no longer heard but felt, and the hazy feeling has long disappeared now. The men and women around the large room continued to stare, even so as I slowly turned myself around to see him. I almost fell back. I didn't know what I expected... maybe my mind was playing games with me, maybe I misheard what he called himself, but seeing him now there was no going back to those foolish thoughts. My father sat amongst two others on a large sculptured throne with a sadistic smile across his face.

"I've missed you," he smiled, grunting lowly as he stood from his seated position. I staggered backwards until I felt Harry's hand across my back and tightly fist my coat to stop me from going anywhere. The look on my father's face was confusion as he stared at Harry's slumped and defeated body, but nonetheless the smile was still there. "Not going to say hello?"

My mouth dropped open but only quivered as no words formed. I just shook my head and dropped to my knees, cradling Harry's worn out body to mine as I felt the tears form once again. They seemed endless, where there's one issue another is piled, yet these issues never seem to be fully resolved.

"I must say I'm a little offended that you haven't greeted your father."

"You..." I squeaked and gasped a little. The streaks of his white hair fell down to cover his right eye, but he only rose his index finger to push away the hair from his eyesight.

"You... what?" He mocked, earning laughs from a few people around the place. I looked behind him to see other unfamiliar faces, and stared at them when they continued to watch. "Would you like to confront me, Cassandra? Are you curious as to why I hurt your little friend?" He deeply chuckled to himself, never breaking eye contact with me. "Did you honestly think I never knew what you were getting up to? Did you think I never watched your every step, had eyes on you the whole time? Do you really think that you could trust everybody that claim they care about you?!" He began to shout and stormed his way towards me.

I let out a loud shriek as he grabbed my collar and pulled me so I was standing. Harry's grip on my coat remained, but it continued to weaken as his power began to drain. My father stared at me with disgust, his eyes flickering to my quivering mouth to the tears that streamed down my cheeks and stained my jaw.

"So naïve. You should have done the right thing and ran the moment you knew what Styles was. Unless something else had kept you..." Suddenly he released my collar and threw me to the ground where I was crouched down besides Harry. He began to laugh, raising his hands above his head until they rested against his hips. "Oh it's plainly obvious. Your infatuation has blinded you from the fact that he could kill you with a twist of his fingers. A bit, or cut, or simply losing control of his strength. His wolf is unstable, my dear. Yet you continue to be with him?!"