Twenty-Five

Four days before...

Harry.

"You've disobeyed the rules, and for that you must be punished!" Ren shouted, standing from his oversized chair and stalking towards me. His left arm rose, grabbing onto my neck and pushing me back until my back was against the wall. The streaks of white in his hair fell from his forehead, his teeth seethed and clenched as he continued to heavily breathe against my skin. "You're a disgrace to our kind. Your punishment is death on sight."

"You can't kill me," I wheezed, gasping as he tightened his grip around my neck-blocking all access to air. My cheeks began to slightly feel hotter.

"Ren," another voice says, but he ignored the man and brought his face closer to mine. He smiled.

"I've never killed an Alpha before."

My vision began to speckle as my senses started to die on me. Any sense of smell was now gone, and my hearing has vanished. My face felt swollen from all the blood that built up in that one area. An easy death it seems, to be choked. But I knew that strangling someone wouldn't suffice an Elder-no-the punishment seems too easy.

His grip vanished from my neck as I dropped to the ground. Everything around me swayed and turned black for a moment; flickering between different colours before my senses regained. I watched Ren walk back to the others, his smile still evident even though I couldn't see his face. My hands began to shake as my chest harshly heaved but I kept myself situated on the ground, still gasping for air.

"Pathetic!" He turned around and pointed towards me. "You deserve... To DIE!"

"Ren, enough," I noticed another elder say: Elijah.

"Look at me brother. Tell me what a sob story this entire situation is. The Alpha of the pack has fallen for a foolish human; a mortal. Isn't that hilarious?" He humourlessly laughed. "He has broken the law, Elijah. You out of all people know the rules. He must die," he whispers to his brother. I ignore the look his brother gave to him, gripping the wall for leverage as I stood to my full height. There's no surprise if a bright red sore marked my neck. It felt too tender to touch.

"He-" I wheezed and coughed loudly, earning glares from all the elders. "He's right," my gasps toned down the seriousness I wanted to show, earning scoffs from the other men and women. "She's done nothing wrong. I... I'm the one who should be... punished."

Ren began to laugh as he walked over to the brown heavy doors besides his 'throne'.

"Should have thought of that before, young one." The older man rebutted, and pulled the heavy doors open which revealed two very large men and another behind those two. But there was someone else that I couldn't see, but I think I may have some idea by the way my heart began to pound against my ribs. "Stupid, stupid, mindless Alpha."

"Harry?" She gasped, taking in my presence. I didn't look satisfactory: what with my jeans torn to shreds, my shirt ripped and bloodied, and my face was swollen and bruised by the endless hits I received from Ren himself.

One of the heavy men that stood next to Cass pulled a switchblade from his waistband, slinging her so it was pressed harshly against her neck. She gasped loudly at the pressure.

"No! Don't hurt her! I just told you, she has nothing to do with it. Please... please don't hurt her. Take me instead."

"Where's the fun in that, boy? Kill two birds with one stone, yeah? When she dies, then you'll grieve, and in the end your outcome will be the same as hers. It's the perfect conclusion."

"You're sick!" I shouted and began to run towards him. But he raised his hand and shoved my chest with such force that I was thrown off my feet and hit the concrete walls, luckily I didn't smash my head or else an injured back would have been the least of my problems. "She... she doesn't know," I moaned.