💮Chapter 56: Adiós💮

After a ride filled with reminiscing on the past and telling corny jokes, Arthur and I had finally arrived at camp. The atmosphere was tense and everyone seemed to be on edge. The camp was uncharacteristically quiet. There was no cheerful talking, or laugh, or playing silly games like 'Five Finger Fillet."

It was empty.

I immediately went over to my tent. I was planning on using the wagon in camp to carry all of my things. I grabbed all my shirts, shoes, trinkets, and money. 

Money

The key that I had in my pocket felt like it was burning a hole through it. I wanted nothing more than to go into the caves and get the money that we all pitched in to raise. 

At the same time, I knew that it would only bring more problems. 

I huffed and continued to pack my things. When I felt satisfied I threw a few things into the wagon. Only replaceable things though, the bad feeling that something was about to happen started to creep all throughout me making me more paranoid. 

After quickly packing all of my essentials, I had decided to finally find Javier. I walked around camp in search of him for a few moments before finally finding him in front of the camp on guard duty.

I walked over to him. "We need to go now!" I stressed. 

"Why?" He scoffed.

I briefly looked around before answering him. "When Sadie, Arthur, and me went to get Abigail we found out a few things. Molly didn't say a word to the Pinkertons."

He glared at me. "You can't believe a word they say. Why would they tell the truth?"

I returned the glared. "Why would they lie? They thought they had us. They told us some pretty useful information too."

"What?"

I smirked. "Who the rat is. It's-"

"Seems old Micah is very close to Milton." 

The smirk faded from my face. Arthur was about to expose Micah.

I quickly walked into camp and wasn't very surprised at the scene in front of me. Arthur was having the 'little chat' he was talking about. 

I looked over at Arthur who was staring Micah down. I could see Cleet and what's his name pick up their guns. I placed a hand on my revolver.  

"What the hell are you talking about, cowpoke?" Micah snarled. 

I walked over to Arthur and stood next to him. "You know what the hell we're talking about, Micah!" I hissed.

"You talked." Arthur revealed.

"That's a damn lie." He started slowly walking over to us.

Arthur turned his head and looked at Dutch who was idly watching the situation unfold. "Dutch..." Arthur pleaded.

Micah turned his head to look at Dutch too. "Dutch... think of the future." He slowly walked over to Dutch. 

"Milton told me."

"And you believe him, Black Lung? You believe him."

I could see the conflict in Dutch's eyes. He didn't know who to believe and it was as clear as day to me that the situation could go both ways.

"It all makes sense now." Arthur said.

"No, it doesn't." Micah said firmly. He was staring Arthur down and if looks could kill Arthur wouldn't stand a chance.