You glare at JJ. "Have a great life, Jennifer Jareau. I suggest you get the fuck out of my apartment complex before I absolutely deck you in the face. Spencer can't hit a woman, but I sure as hell can."

JJ looks at the two of you, and before she even has a change to turn around, Spencer closes the door in her face. You two stand there for a moment, Spencer's fingers digging into your side. You wince slightly and he looks down at you, remorse flooding his eyes.

"Ace, I'm sorry," he whispers, loosening his grip on your waist.

"It's okay," you reply, looking up at him.

He wraps his arms around you, pulling you to his chest. You wrap your arms around his torso, closing your eyes, listening to the beat of his heart against his chest. He kisses the top of your head before pulling away, giving you a small smile.

"Wanna get takeout for dinner? I can call it in, and we can watch Hocus Pocus or Halloweentown or something." He brushes his thumb across your cheek softly.

You nod. "I'd like that."

You two settle in on the couch again, laying your head in Spencer's lap. He runs his fingers through your hair, and you close your eyes. His touch is light and soft, twirling your hair around his fingers as the sounds of the movie echo around you. Spencer's touch and the white noise of the movie relax you, and eventually you slip into a dreamless sleep, no nightmares waking you up this time.

•••

You push open the doors to the BAU, Spencer trailing behind you. Your heels clack on the tile, yawning as you hold the cup of coffee in your hand. You walk into the roundtable room, sitting down, placing your cup of coffee on the table. Spencer sits next to you, his fingers gripping underneath your jaw, turning your head toward him so he can admire the yellowing bruise under your eye.

"It's been a week, you'd think it would've faded by now," you murmur.

"Normally, it takes about two weeks for a black eye to fully heal," he mutters.

He drops his hand and you grin at him as the rest of the team walks into the room. You give him a little side smile as you sip your coffee, eyes landing on Garcia as she strolls into the room.

It had been a week since your kidnapping—a pretty uneventful week with no new cases and tons of paperwork. Slowly, the nightmares had started to fade. Falling asleep with Spencer's arms around you helped; you felt safe. The bruises faded, the cuts healed, leaving small scars behind. You had to go to the hospital for a follow up a couple days ago to get your stitches out, and the doctor said the cut on your forehead was healing nicely. It would leave a scar, but Spencer had assured you that scars were sexy, and you'd responded by punching him in the arm.

"We have a case?" You ask, tapping your fingers against the wood table.

Garcia nods. "Mhm. Three people have been stabbed to death in Los Angeles." The images pop up on the screen and Garcia shudders, refusing to look at them.

You grimace as you look at the pictures before glancing down at the file in your hands. "Any of the victims have anything in common?"

Garcia nods. "They all live in the same area."

"Victimology looks different," Hotch mutters. "It doesn't look like he has a specific type."

"Which means he's not killing surrogates," Morgan says.

"Coroner's report says the unsub hit major arteries," Spencer remarks, looking around at the team. "He has to have basic knowledge of the human body and anatomy for that."