m. one

A cat tilted its head at the sight of the girl. 

::

"Amanda!"

The girl turned around, looking at the man she knew so well. She smiled.

"Yeah?"

"Sir, you know her?" A paramedic questioned. Amanda frowned, giving the muggle a sharp look, before realizing he wasn't even looking at her, but at Sirius.

"Sirius, I--" Sirius stepped closer, right through her. She turned around, looking at the back of Sirius Black. The father of her child. Sirius stepped closer, and her breaths suddenly stopped in her throat.

She raised her hand, trying to free the grasp that was suddenly on her throat, obstructing any air from filling her lungs. Sirius walked away, onto an ambulance, and she can finally see that there is a body sprawled in an awkward angle. 

Her body.

"Sirius?" she called out, her hand on her stomach. There was no bump. "Sirius!"

The world around her was silent as the ambulance drove away, sirens not making it into her ears. She couldn't breathe.

"Sirius!"

::

A cat tilted its head at the sight of the girl.

If it could, it would smile. He stood up, and walked up to that girl. 

Its soft meow made the girl look down at him. A smile decorated her face, her gray eyes getting brighter at the sight of the feline.

"Hey kitty cat, how are you?" The cat meowed. "You seem like you know me. But you're a cat."

The cat purred, stepping closer. The girl offered a hand, and the cat rubbed its head under it. Her soft giggle made the cat happy.

"Sawyer! Come on," a man the cat knew called. The cat stepped closer to the man as well, and meowed happily.

Remmy, it attempted to call. You took care of her, the cat wanted to say.

"Dad! I think we have a new pet!"

Remus rolled his eyes as the girl ran over to his side, the cat walking proudly behind her. He raised an eyebrow as Sawyer tugged at his arm. He picked her up and pressed her small body to his side. 

"What its name?"

"Meeko!"

"Meeko?"

"Meeko."

::

"The fetus hasn't survived," a girl whispered.

The cat looked up at the girl. Her eyes snapped to the cat.

"Meeko," she said. Meeko raised a pair of human eyes to her, looking at her knowingly. His eyes flashed red, and in return Sawyer's eyes flashed red.

She stood up, and picked up the cat from the end of her bed. The dorm was empty at that time, as everyone sat at the common room, and she couldn't breathe all of a sudden.

The air escaped her lungs, and echos of the world she lived in made it into her ears.

"Meeko?"

The cat jumped down from the arms of the girl, and it purred.

"Meeko!"

::

She laid in her bed, silent. Her breaths weren't very strong, and the cat stepped closer to her. True, ever since she found friends, the cat hasn't been very close to her, physically. The cat was happy she had the Weasley twins, but since the Quidditch World Cup, she was looking paler.

It wasn't very noticable, he supposed, but it was coming.

The end.

The cat crawled closer to her. It will leave by morning, but for now, it needed her warmth, and she needed its. 

A child needs its mother, no matter at what age, the cat mused.

::

"Not yet," Sawyer spoke up.

"Excuse me, Ms. Wilde--?" But Dumbledore suddenly stopped speaking, and it was apparent to everybody what had distracted him.

The fire in the goblet had just turned red again. Sparks were flying out of it. A long flame shot suddenly into the air, and borne upon it was another piece of parchment.

Automatically, it seemed, Dumbledore reached out a long hand and seized the parchment. He held it out and stared at the name written upon it.

Sawyer grabbed Lee's hand, and barely uttered out; "It's returning through the dark."

"Sawyer?" Lee asked, attempting to make her speak again, but she wasn't reacting. She stared up at nothing, seeing nothing, hearing nothing, feeling nothing but dread.

The boy who was no more.

::

Sawyer opened her eyes, feeling something warm next to her.

"Meeko?"

"Mhm," a voice said in return. She stayed silent for a moment, before tumbling down from the bed.

"Meeko!" she repeated, and the cat opened its eyes. 

"What?" the cat wondered.

"You can talk!" Sawyer called out. The cat stood up, and sighed.

"Of course I can talk, I'm your mother in the body of a very cure cat." Sawyer's eyebrows shot up. Meeko sat up. And when Sawyer blinked, another Sawyer appeared.

"Hello there, Grim Reaper," this Sawyer's eyes were pure red, and an evil smile was plastered there. 

"Meeko? Amanda? I-- fuck, did I smoke pot or something?"

Amanda laughed, her eyes fading to a green color that Sawyer's eyes hadn't been lately. "You're dead, and I've been appointed your grim since you were born. So you're the grim reaper, I'm your grim. Let's go get some souls to papa-death."

Sawyer looked at Amanda as though she was insane, which she might have been, for she was trapped in the body of a cat for over 15 years. Amanda laughed again.

"Alright kid, take my hand. We're going on a ride."

::

"You can go and screw yourself," Sawyer said sharply. "My dad deserves better."

"I really doubt it. His destiny is written--"

"And I'm gonna re-write it," she called out to the empty space. "Screw you! Screw the stars! Get me back!"

"Your treat, sweetie. But last time I brought both of you back in seperate bodies," Sawyer looked at the cat, the cat that gave up its soul so it could watch her grow up. The cat that turned out to be her mother, the cat that made them into a reaper and its grim. "This time, you're both half a soul in one body. You're not as strong physically, Sawyer. Are you still up to--"

"Screw you!"

And her heart beating again made Dumbledore's hand fly back in shock. He blinked slowly, confusion sinking in. And then Sawyer took a breathe.

And another one.

::

A cat tilted its head at the sight of the girl.

"Hey kitty cat," Amanda called to it. "How about we be friends?"

The cat meowed simply, and Amanda grinned. "You look like a Meeko. How about you be with me forever?"

The cat meowed, and curled up to her.

"Don't leave me."