d. six

"Will I get my full explanation then?"

"Not yet," Sawyer mused as Remus packed his suit-case, putting away everything he needed. "In the middle of July."

"What is there at the middle of July?" he asked, quite irritated.

"The three of us meeting up," she grinned. "It's happening in the middle of July."

"And I'm supposed to live with you just as ever when I have no idea who... what are you?"

"Of course not," she smiled, though it stung lightly, "I'll be out of your skin until you wish I'll return." Remus' face fell, and sadness struck him.

"I'd never want you out, Sawyer."

"But..." Sawyer trailed off, surprised and confused. "You just said--"

"If you don't want me knowing yet, I am okay with it, but you don't need to leave! That's-- That's nuts!" he seemed embarassed, but quickly got over it, stepping closer to the desk she was sitting on. "You're Sirius's daughter, I know, but I'm the one who raised you up, you're the girl that's been running through my house and throwing things on the ceiling, I can't think about what it would be like without you in my life now. You..." he took a sharp breath, "you're a daughter to me, Sawyer. I will always love you, and I will never let you go, not as long as you wish to stay with me." 

Sawyer frowned as she watched Remus speaking.

"You mean it?"

"Of course I do."

"You... want... me...? With you? Even with who and what I am?"

He shrugged with a sheepish smile, "we're family, can't do much."

She smiled, hugging him. A knock on the door interrupted them, and Remus glanced at the map laying next to Sawyer. 

"Come in Harry!" he called the boy. Harry opened the door, looking slightly confused. "I saw you coming," he smiled, pointing to the Marauder's Map.

  "I just saw Hagrid," said Harry. "And he said you'd resigned. It's not true, is it?" 

"Well, I'll be off." Sawyer awkwardly stated, standing up. "I'll be seeing you soon Remus, bye Harry," she said cheerfully, walking off and out of the castle.

Near the lake, Oliver was laying peacfully, breeze blowing through his wavy brown hair, eyes shut as Lee and Fred discussed the upcoming Quidditch world cup, and George chatting happily with Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell about whatever.

"Hi," Sawyer greeted as she sat down next to Oliver, and he opened his eyes, pushing up to a sitting position. 

"I heard that Lupin's leaving!" Lee stated as Oliver dragged her closer. 

"Yeah, he's packing now."

"And that he's a werewolf?" George added after a moment, making Sawyer turn to him. He was about to apologize when Sawyer nodded.

"Yeah, Remus is a werewolf. He was bitten as a kid."

"Oh," Angelina stated awkwardly, as she wasn't much of a friend with Sawyer.

"But whatever, it's not a suprise that we won't have the same teacher again," Fred laughed, agreeing, and soon, the topic was forgotten.

"So what are the plans for the summer?" Katie wondered as she braided Angelina's hair, Alicia joining them a bit before.

"Quidditch World Cup," Fred, George, Oliver, Lee and Sawyer all replied together, surprisingly.

"You've got tickets?" Oliver wondered, looking at Sawyer.

"Not yet, but I'll get them," she grinned.

"You just did," he smiled back, "care to be my date mi'lady?"

"Anything to spend some more time with you, mi'lord," she kissed his cheek lightly, and the girls all cooed. Oliver and Sawyer turned, frowning, but they averted their gazes quickly.

"Are you gonna do it forever?" Oliver wondered.

"Oh my Merlin!" Katie squealed, "he's admitted it! He just asked if we'll be doing it forever and that means he'll always be with Sawyer and give us a reason to coo at them! Oh my Merlin! You guys are getting married!"

Sawyer opened her mouth to speak, but Oliver shook his head, watching as the three girls gushed about something related to the couple.

"Let it go."

"As you wish," Sawyer shrugged, turning back to Fred, George and Lee. "You've got tickets?"

"Yeah, dad's got tickets for the whole family, Hermione, and Harry," Fred replied, shooting a look at the girls, and lowering his voice subtly, "he's got cheaper tickets fom the Ministry because of his job."

"And you?" George asked Lee.

"My parents bought the tickets, and it's a pretty sucky seat, but at least we'll be there. It was sold out pretty quick, you know."

"Lucky my sister's not coming, huh?" Oliver asked happily, arm wrapped around Sawyer's shoulder. "Oh, yeah, my parents' probably won't like it if you sleep in my tent, so..." Oliver turned to the twins. "How about you speak with your dad?"

Devious grins took over their faces, and Fred scooted over,  grabbing the girl in a headlock. "We're gonna have a damn good sleepover, Sawyer, get ready!"

"Hell yeah!" George called out, splashing them with water from the spot he was still sitting at.

"George!" they called, diving in to a water war with him within moments.

"Not in the butt! It's too perfect!"

::

"Err, Sawyer?" Harry, Ron and Hermione were standing outside of the comparment shared by the twins, Lee, Oliver, and Sawyer. "She's here?" they asked the three boys visible to them, and Sawyer sighed as she lowered the dark veil she produced to have some privacy with Oliver.

"Yes?"

"We have a letter from, erm, Padfoot, and he's got something to tell you."

"Mmm, sure, whatever, I'll be seeing him soon anyway so it doesn't matter, thanks guys," she said brightly, waving her now-only wand up and hiding her and Oliver from view again.

"Who's Padfoot?" Oliver asked before she could kiss him again.

"My dad's best friend," was what she explained, kissing him so lightly, he actually frowned and pouted. 

"You're a tease."

"And you," she sighed, tucking a strand of her dark hair behind her ear, "you talk too much."