a. four

A soft devious giggle made Sawyer look away from her Potions essay. She scored a perfect O, but still had the need to look over and make sure everything was correct. Meeko, even in his cat mind, knew she was being  ridiculous, and was mocking her, and she knew it. She even missed the big Christmas feast for that, which Meeko thought was even further ridiculous.

"Ohhh Sawyer," Moaning Myrtle's voice sung.

"What?" Sawyer asked, annoyed. It was Christmas' break, and she hoped to have a break from Myrtle, if not from omens.

"Someone needs your help," she giggled her devious giggle, making Sawyer look at Meeko in worry.

"Meeko's fine," she stated anxiously, afraid of what the ghost might do. She would mostly moan and bitch, but she was also slightly insane, and despite herself, Sawyer was slightly afraid of the girl.

"Not Meeko, Hermione Granger."

Sawyer looked at Myrtle as though she was crazy, half scared of knowing what exactly was going on. "Did the potion go wrong?"

"Don't know, don't care," she giggled, "She asked me to get you as soon as possible. But wait 'till you see her; now, that's quite a sight." Myrtle hovered for a few moments more before Sawyer pushed off, and strode away, Meeko following. She quickly walked through the school silently and swiftly.

She barged into the girl's bathroom despite the big OUT OF ORDER sign, and a sudden sound of silenced sobs made her sigh. "Hermione, it's Sawyer. Myrtle told me you want to see me?"

"Sawyer?" her voice came out breathy, and a click of lock was heard. "I guess... I accidentally took a cat's hair instead of human's.

"Oh, honey," Sawyer sighed, rushing to help the poor girl.

Her face was covered in black fur. Her eyes had turned yellow and there were long, pointed ears poking through her bushy hair. She even had a tail.

"You put cat's hair in your Polyjuice potion? Honey, I don't know if I can do anything, or if anyone can. I think it just has to wear off at some point." This statement made poor Hermione to burst into tears and hug Sawyer as she sobbed.

"I look awful!" she sniffled, "everyone would laugh and make fun of me, and- and-"

"Never mind that," Sawyer brushed off, "we should check at the hospital wing. I'm not sure how to--"

Hurried footsteps were heard and Hermione hurried off to the stall once more, hiding from sight.

"-Well, it wasn't a complete waste of time," Ron panted, closing the bathroom door behind him and Harry, the both wearing far too big robes. "I know we still haven't found out who's doing the attacks, but I'm going to write to Dad tomorrow and tell him to check under the Malfoys' drawing room."

"Hermione, come out, we've got loads to tell you -"

"Go away!" Hermione squeaked.

Harry and Ron looked at each other, confused, before spotting a concerned Sawyer near the stall.

"What's the matter?" said Ron. "You must be back to normal by now, we are."
Moaning Myrtle glided suddenly through the stall door, happier than ever.  "Ooooooh, wait till you see," she said. "It's awful-"

"Keep your mouth shut, Myrtle," Sawyer hissed hatefully, and even the ghost seemed scared of her demeanour.

The lock slid back and Hermione emerged, sobbing, her robes pulled up over her head.

"What's up?" said Ron uncertainly. "Have you still got Millicent's nose or something?" Hermione let her robes fall and Ron backed into the sink. The boys stared, shocked, unsure of what happened to their friend.