She tried not to cringe

Start from the beginning

___________

Aliza tried not to cringe when the woman in front of her gulped the weird color liquid. That had a few drops of her blood dissolved in it.

She hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep. She was scared, terrified even to know about what being she was.

A part of her was wishing that she would be human and that she would go back to India to get back to her normal life.

The other part of her was curious to know about what powers she possessed. The possibilities excited her somehow.

Different scenarios plagued her mind causing her to toss and turn now and then. She had given up hope on getting any sleep, instead, she took a nice long bath to relax.

And then sketched a little bit.

The morning came and she watched the sunrise not sure about how she felt. The view from her window was breathtaking, the fading rays of the sun falling on the trees giving her a dream-like feeling.

She closed her eyes as the rays fell on her face, her eyes were hurting from the lack of sleep but we're used to it by now.

She thought about her life back in India. It was steady, and she didn't completely hate the place. But sometimes she just felt tired. It was the weird looks she got from the locals and the way her classmates treated her.

Being half Spanish and half Indian came with its disadvantages. Most people weren't open-minded about her ethnicity.

It didn't matter if she looked like one of them or she spoke in the same manner.

She had spent countless nights watching movies to improve her accent of all the four languages she knew.

The moment people near her got to know that she wasn't completely Indian, that's when the stupid questions came in.

But she still loves her life there and she wouldn't give it up for the world so in the end she was filled with dread.

The thought of giving up her life for something she didn't even want to be a part of making her feel remorseful. She had no interest in getting involved with the supernatural world.

All she wanted was to become an architect.

Then there was a particular fear that made her feel like throwing up.

What if she was a monster?

The thought of hurting someone, killing someone, drawing blood almost made her cry.

She called her parents, telling them everything that she felt was wrong. Aliza missed their presence the most at that particular moment. She could use a group hug.

She remembered her mother's words before hanging up.

You are who you choose to be.

Aliza watched as the woman, Abby, chant something in Latin. Her heart was pounding, there was a heaviness lingering in the room that made it hard for her to breathe.

She was sitting on the couch between Freya and Vincent, both holding each of her hands. Elijah stood behind her, patting her shoulders. She was thankful for his assurance, he made her feel safe.

Marcel was standing next to Niklaus who was standing next to Abby. While Niklaus' eyes, focused on Abby. Marcel was giving Aliza a warm smile that meant that everything will be fine.

Rebekah was sitting on a stool next to the bar, drinking her way through boredom. Kol was watching everything with amusement from his place on the stairs.

Moments passed and Abby spoke with her eyes closed.

She said, "I see light, warmth, strength, and intelligence. There is justice and compassion and love."

Abby opened her eyes, looking at Aliza. A look of glee visible in the witch's eyes.

She said, "She's born out of the strength of true love."

Marcel frowned, he was losing patients. He said, "What the hell does that mean?"

A slow smile spread of Abby's lips as she said, "The Lion Warrior has returned."

................................................................................................................................................................

I was planning on updating this story every Saturday but I was bored and had nothing to do so I decided to edit this chapter. And here it is.

So, yeah, I'm still not sure if I'm going to update weekly because that's what a responsible writer does or update randomly because I am a moody bitch.

How's the story so far? Any thoughts?