She tried not to cringe

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you should see it. They even have a bathtub! I'll show you through a video call."

He laughed and said, "Later. Now I have sleep because I've got work. And I have sent Vincent your food chart so don't think that you can eat whatever you want while you're there."

Aliza pouted and whined, "Must I need to follow it. Come on!"

"You don't have much of a choice, monkey. Now go rest."

She sighed, "K, good night or whatever. Love you."

"Love you too."

She tossed her phone on the bed and laid back. Staring at the ceiling. She pondered over the whole madhouse introduction that she had with the Mikaelsons.

She thought about each of them. Freya was a delight. Even though she made Aliza feel uncomfortable with those longing glances that she shot in her direction. She still was the only person who made Aliza feel welcomed. But one thing was still unclear, now that she thought about it. Freya had been living with the rest of her siblings for two years but what about the time before?

She had asked about this to Vincent and replied by saying that Freya lived somewhere else to work on her magic.

The way Vincent had said that she immediately knew he was lying.

Then there was Elijah. She didn't know much about him but the look in his eyes gave a lot. The way he was looking at her, she was expecting an apology. Because God knows what that remorseful look meant. His presence was calming if not welcoming. It seemed like he was having a hard time keeping his composure. There was trembling in his eyes, a pang of heavy guilt that he was carrying. But she didn't know what it was.

She apologized when she realized that she had crumpled his suit by clutching it so tightly. Much to her surprise he wasn't the least bit offended by her sudden invasion of his personal space.

Blame that asshole Kol.

Then there was Niklaus, the moment he gave her that fake welcoming smile, she knew not to trust that man. The way he was looking at her with such curiosity. That intense look in his blue eyes was giving her chills.

That sudden change in his experience only added fuel to her raging curiosity. This man knew how to hide his emotions well. Her mind drifted to the way he was holding the glass. The grip of his fingers was tight, but the casualness in his way was something that of an artist.

Aliza didn't consider herself an artist if sketching buildings counted as one. But she knew an artist's grip on a pencil was like his way of holding other things in his hands.

But the million-dollar question was his hybrid capabilities.

It seemed strange that he wasn't a complete vampire and Freya was a witch.

Shouldn't they all be vampires?

And how on earth did Niklaus get his half-werewolf genes?

She had asked this question to her mother. But she dismissed the question saying that some things were never meant to be asked.

Then there was Rebekah, the ice queen. Her eyes were sharp but there was something so lost about them. Her 'I don't care' attitude felt anything but a defense mechanism.

Then there was the arsehat Kol. So far that jump scare she got from him only portrayed Kol as an idiotic imbecile. But Aliza knew well enough not to judge the younger Mikaelsons so soon.

There were so many unknown facts that were kept hidden from her. Something huge was missing and as much as she was dying to solve this mystery, she was hoping to stay away from it.