What happened?

Pov Mabel

I held Dipper as the carriage carried us to this large place. I felt my lips quiver as I looked at Dipper. I can't lose him. Everything happened quickly for me and I was pulled away from my brother.

I was quickly placed in a random room. I started to shake as I heard random noises come from somewhere. I walked around the large room and saw a mirror. I looked at myself...

My dress was torn and dirty, my feet bare, hair matted, and face unclean. I touched the mirror and saw a young version of myself. When I was homeless with my brother.

"It'll be okay," I smiled, "I-I know it will be."

I walked away and I looked around this large room. I checked every corner of the room to make sure that there wasn't anything that could hurt me. I hear the door open and I jumped.

"I didn't mean to scare ya," An older lady smiled, "I just wanted to chat with ya."
"About what?" I muttered.
"My name is Allison and I'm the head of this institution," She smiled, "What is your name?"
"Mabel," I muttered, "Mabel Pines."
"What a beautiful name," She chuckled, "Please, follow me."
"Where?" I asked.
"I want you to be comfortable here since your brother is in such awful condition. You also need to dress appropriately when you're staying with us," Allison told me.
"Oh..." I mumbled.

She leads me to a room and I could see that a bath was already ready for me. I saw a brush, soap, and scissors?

"One of our maids will present you with a dress when you're done," Allison smiled.
"Alright," I muttered.

She stepped out of the room and I started to undress. I stepped into the bath and sat down... I hugged myself as I stared at the wall.

"I have to tell them everything so we can go home," I muttered, "But... what do I know?"

I sighed and dunked my head into the water. I held my breath and opened my eyes. I saw this small blue light and it had eyes! I gasp and realized that I didn't put my head back up before I did. I went for air and coughed because I swallowed some water.

"In earth was that!?" I said.

I quickly started to clean myself because I didn't know what was that. I heard a soft knock and I shouted for them to come in. I see a lady walk in.

"I have a nice dress and a towel for you," She smiled and then left.
"Thank you," I yelled.

I quickly left the bath when she left me. I just need to answer these questions quickly so we can leave. I put on the light pink dress and brushed my hair. I was given socks but no shoes. I stepped out of the room and walked around.

What am I doing? I can't get distracted! I need to find Lillian was it... I just need to get out of here and then we'll go back home. I need to write a letter soon she knows I'm okay. She's probably worried sick.

Should I turn back? No. I need to go and find Lillian and then go see Dipper. I need to know if he's okay. I ran into a taller lady than me and I froze.

"Who are you?" She politely asked.
I froze and I could barely talk, "M-Mabel."
"A lady doesn't stutter," She raised her voice.