Healing

Third Person

It's been a few days since they found Bill's injured on the ground in his room. Everyone in the still thinks Bill is still out on a mission.

Dipper has rarely left Bill's side since he found him like that. Will and Mabel have checked on both of them. Mabel has never seen Dipper like this before.

She entered Bill's room and saw Dipper by his side. She was somewhat becoming worried about Dipper. He would only leave the room for basic needs. 

"Has he woken up at all?" Mabel asked him.
"Not yet," Dipper answered, "But maybe tomorrow."
"Have you slept?" Mabel asked.
"I have," Dipper told her, "I have."

Mabel didn't know how would he react if she were to suggest that he leave the room. She knew that he was fragile since he was the one who found him.

"Dipper, is everything alright?" Mabel asked.
"I'm worried... what if he doesn't recover?" Dipper looked at Mabel, "It was so bad an- and I couldn't do anything to protect him."

Will was going to visit Bill to see how he was doing. He heard Mabel and Dipper talking to each other. Since no one was in the hallway he just listened.

"It's not your fault," Mabel told him, "You didn't know and that shouldn't make you feel awful."
"But it does! I-I didn't know that's what makes me feel awful. I'm supposed to know everything and protect people that I care about," Dipper told her, "I failed in both..."
"Dipper," Mabel muttered while placing her hand on his shoulder.
"If I hadn't suggested it to him it would have never happened. He would have been okay, he would have been walking and talking. Not here hurt and still not awake. What am I supposed to do when I'm the one who did this?" Dipper looked at Mabel, "I-I just want him to be okay..."

Will opened the door and closed it quickly. They both looked at Will.

"Dipper, it is not your fault," Will said, "It's our fault for not telling you two the consequences of this."
"Will, you can't blame yourself about this either," Mabel told him.
"We can because we knew about this. We never told you," Will told them, "We should have told you because for once in our complicated lives we finally have people we can trust. I-I'm grateful that you two are my friends."
"We trust you too, but we can all make mistakes and we can learn from them," Mabel told them, "We have to be more careful about everything we do from this point and on."
"We can," Will said.

Dipper just held Bill's hand and looked at him. Will sees the way he looks at his brother. His eyes filled with so much love and worry. They all stopped talking as they heard footsteps coming down from the hall.

"We all need to leave the room," Will whispered.

Mabel nodded okay and they were waiting for Dipper's response. Dipper slowly nodded yes and let go of Bill's hand. Will teleported everyone to Mabel's room. Mabel sat down on her bed and looked at both of them.

"We need to pretend like everything is normal," Will said.
"That's going to be hard but I think I can do it," Mabel muttered, "My mind has been racing since this has happened."
"Dipper?" Will said.
"Whatever keeps him safe," Dipper answered.
"Mabel!" Catherine shouted.
"Yes?" Mabel answered.
"Have you seen William and your brother?" Catherine asked, "I have something to tell all of you."
"We are in here," Will answered.
"Yes?" Dipper said.