Chapter 14: Control

Start from the beginning

"What?"

"You seem.." Tate trails off momentarily deciding on the right word as he tilts his head. "different."

"Don't know what you mean."

Tate leans forward now remembering more details about last night. "Wasn't there another woman at Cassie's house last night?"

Jackson stiffens momentarily before bending his neck as if to stretch it. Tate's eyes twinkling with amusement. "Yes"

"You never did mention how you came to what was happening."

Now it was Jackson's turn to pause momentarily before sighing. "I had a date yesterday evening with a woman... She ended up being a very close friend to Cassie."

A chuckle escaping Tate's lips at the clear discomfort his agent was showing. His face even turning a slight pink. "And what's the name of this woman?"

"Natalia Thornton... but she goes by Talia." His eyes looking back to his computer as if focusing on anything other than this conversation. 

"My... my." Jackson's eyes shooting to Tate. The man holding an amused smile on his lips. "You're very smitten with her."

Jackson just looks back to his computer for two reasons. 1) He knew it was true and 2) He couldn't lie to Tate. Just the thought of her brings his mind back to many beautiful images of her. The feeling of her soft lips upon his own. His mind going elsewhere is only brought back as another chuckle escapes from the man in front of him. 

"Tell Cassie to come here before she starts her time away."

Jackson gives a single head nod as the man stands up still chuckling under his breath. His amusement far to evident but Jackson could feel his own smile as he pulled out his phone to text his lady. He goes to lock his screen when an incoming call makes him sigh. 

"Yep"

He says not even bothering to greet the piece of shit on the phone. 

"Jackson my boy!"

His dad slur speech comes through the phone. Jackson leans back in his chair slouching. It has been years since his mother passed. His dad went into a downward spiral with the loss of her. His favorite addiction seems to be in the form of liquor. He only seems to call on Jackson when he needs money. 

"Can't talk, I got-"

"Hey now you listen here-"

His father raises his voice thinking that will stop Jackson. Clicking the end button. He closes his eyes as the familiar ring comes through his phone. He ignores it and silences his phone. Setting it aside, he can't help but rub his hands down his face. He sits like that for some time before returning to his computer. Making a few calls to check in on his other clients. The two authors were do splendidly and were on pace for their works. An actor who was currently recovering from an accident reported he was doing fine. That left him with Cassie. His eyes drifting to the story in the trash bin. 

Knock Knock

"Come in"

Tate's assistant, Stacy, sticks her head in the door. "Boss man is requesting you in his office."

Jackson nods his head powering down his computer before following Stacy. Instinctively locking his office before going out. Stacy leads him directly to Tate's door before doing a knock and hearing a 'come in' before opening the door for him. He finds Tate sitting back in his chair with a genuine hearty smile on his lips. 

"You look happy?" Jackson says sitting down in the seat in front of him. His head thrown off as a familiar scent wafts in the air. Tate nods his head while crossing his fingers on his stomach.