21. 守

THIRD POV

神さま。。。気持ち悪い です。

Y/n felt heavy and dull as she laid on her bed, eyes boring into the ceiling of her room. Her parents had gone to work and she was left alone in the cold house. Yesterday was Saturday and all she could do was stare at the unfinished school works on her desk. She eventually slept for the whole day without bothering to feed her hunger. 

私は以前いじめられたことがありますが、なぜ違うの?

She released a heavy sigh before forcing herself to get up from the soft bed. Getting out of her room, she wandered to the kitchen and made onigiris for herself.

...

The knife glinted as it rested on top of the table.

Mom must have left it there...

....Should I?

The girl slowly took the knife and examined it as if it was some kind of strange artifact. The urge to use it on her wrist is dangerously high.

Before she could put pressure and slice, her phone rang. Suna was calling.

"Yo."

"What is it?" The girl muttered and quietly moved the knife away. She believed she was an idiot to think of such thing.

"Um so like, I think my homework got lost in your folders. Do you mind giving them to me after morning practice tomorrow?"

"....Alright."

"Woah, you good?"

"I'm fine, thank you for asking."

"Aight....I'll go now. I still have to binge watch some shows."

"Okay, have fun."

She sighed as Suna hummed and hung up. Y/n proceeded to eat her onigiris, ignoring her loss of appetite and cope through eating instead.

Wait— Atsumu. I almost forgot, I was supposed to be the one to fetch him.

The girl felt a burst of panic in her chest as she hastily finished up her food and cleaned the kitchen. She ran up the stairs and took a fast shower, changing into her team tracksuit.

Y/n grabbed a light backpack and filled it with sanitizers and alcohol, dashing out her house after putting her shoes on and locking the front door. She hoped she could make it in time.

"Phew."

The girl huffed slightly as she got in the entrance, the guard surprisingly allowed her when she just said she was the manager of one of the players. She made sure her mask was still intact.

Y/n fiddled with her fingers as she remained idle. Few players were already leaving, yet Atsumu seemed to be late.

"Oi."

Her head shot up and eyes widened. There stood her cousin wearing a face mask and a blank expression, jet black hair still curly as usual.

"Kiyo-nii," She greeted, flustered when Sakusa neared and looked down at her.

She could sense his frown, "What are you doing here? I thought you're staying at Hyogo?"

"Well, I'm actually fetching someone...," She looked away when she caught a light brunette staring at her with curiosity.

"Sakusa, you know her?"

"She's my cousin."

"Oh, makes sense," He lightly laughed when he saw how they similarly wear their masks.

Sakusa turned to her, "This is Komori. Another cousin of mine from an extended family."

"Oh, hi," She slightly bowed to him but he just waved her off with a kind smile.

"No need for formality," His eyes disappeared as he grinned widely, almost making Y/n smile, too.

He gave a bright and friendly aura. Y/n liked that.

"Woah, woah, woah. Ya ain't possibly hitting on MY manager, aren'tcha?"

The girl felt an arm coil around her shoulders and smelled the familiar minty smell of the blonde.

"Huh?" Sakusa squinted at him.

Atsumu laughed lightly (it's sarcastic), "Hate to break it to ya, but she's for me only. Itachiyama ain't in the picture, ya know."

"What are you talking about?" The annoyed clean freak sneered at the omelette head who looked cocky with his childish grin.

Y/n sighed, "Atsumu, he's my cousin."

"...," Slowly, his face paled as he awkwardly let go of his hold on her.

Well, that was embarrassing. Atsumu mentally cringed at himself.

He was surprised when she casually held his hand with her small ones, "Nii, we'll get going now. Rest up, okay?"

"Yeah, sure," Sakusa glared at the blonde, "Don't annoy her too much. Or else."

With that, he left with a nod directed at the girl and his cousin. The girl walked away, Atsumu's hand still gently gripped by hers.

"Y/n, didja bleach yer hair?"

She almost stopped but proceeded to go to the station, "....Yeah."

"Why though? Not that I don't like it— it looks stunning," He hummed and played around with the upper half of her pale blonde hair, feeling satisfied when he felt them smooth and soft.

Y/n shrugged, "I thought it was cool...."

"Oooh, okayy," He then went inside the vehicle with her.

She sat beside a window as Atsumu sat beside her, "Nap for a bit. You must be tired."

Atsumu stretched his shoulders and released a tired sigh, "Yeah."

Y/n stiffened when he rested his head on her shoulder and began to doze off. She just relaxed herself and looked outside the zooming scenery.

The omelette head pondered in his thoughts. Ever since he saw he saw Y/n and how she said the reason for the change of hair color, he wasn't completely convinced.

I know for a fact she didn't bleach her hair just for fun. The way her hair was colored was not careful, it looked harshly bleached. As if some psycho did it for her. It was still alright, it's pretty actually— but I can't help but feel worried.

I swear to god if it's one of the pigs. If they are, I'll make sure they'll suffer. It's truly shit for them to mess with her. But... I was the one who's supposed to protect her. I'm also shit if that's the case.

He internally cringed at himself at his thoughts, but he was genuine and serious.

Atsumu WILL mess with them for messing with Y/n.

yo how was the chapter

for me i think i didnt exert that much effort so it's kinda shit for me—