14. underaged

(a/n: istg, as i make every chapter, the more it feels distant to the title and original pairing. but dw- this is still an atsumu fanfic. an ATSUMU MIYA fanfic.)

THIRD POV

"Bokuto-san, you can't drink."

The human owl ignored him and turned the other way with an angry pout, glaring at the bottle of alcoholic drink.

Y/n sighed and rubbed her throbbing temples. She wanted to leave as soon as possible.

Inarizaki and Fukurodani's coaches decided to take both teams to dinner since it was getting late, it just so happens that the restaurant they picked sells alcohol supposedly MEANT for the coaches only.

"Woah, did Bokuto just ignore Akaashi? That's new," Konoha said with a surprised face and continued to eat his food.

Akaashi rolled his eyes, "Irritatingly new."

"....I just want to take a sip," Bokuto told Akaashi with pleading eyes.

The ravenette shook his head and moved the alcohol away from him, "You're not 20, Bokuto-san. You barely touched your food ever since we got her which is unusual. You're underage– you can't even take care of yourself in general, what more ruckus could you make when you get drunk?"

"Just a sip, Akaashi," Bokuto whined. Deep down, he felt really saddened at his setter's blunt words.

Akaashi drank his water and turned to him with a blank stare, "No."

Y/n dodged Atsumu's attempt of feeding her and tapped Akaashi's shoulder. Osamu ended up taking his twin's chopsticks and eating the rice, he was happy because it tasted good, but later pretended to gag exaggerately when he realized it came from Atsumu's chopsticks. The omelette head just glared at him before silently watching Y/n converse with Akaashi.

The ravenette flinched but turned to her with his best unfazed face, "Yes?"

"Is Bokuto-san always like this? You should pay more attention to him, Keiji," She casually said but not a single glance at Bokuto who stared at her with evident shock and hurt.

"....""

.....Ah, right. I'm unwanted here. Even the girl I like doesn't want me. Bokuto frowned, his hair dropping low as his every existence got insecure at the amused faces of Fukurodani.

They thought Y/n was joking. But to Bokuto, she wasn't.

For Akaashi and her, she's forcing herself to say those words to hurt him even more. So he would hate her and dispose his feelings for her.

You might think she's really dumb for doing this method and not just telling him directly that she doesn't like him the way he does for her, but she knew it was hopeless. Bokuto will just try harder to impress her until she feels something. He's that persistent.

A soft rejection? Bokuto won't understand– he knows he does his best. He won't give up.

A direct rejection? He'll just get more determined.

A hurtful rejection– a method she's doing right now. She needs him to throw away his feelings for her, Bokuto was the only boy she strongly sees as a brother figure. And she can't easily throw away that comfort just because he took an interest in her.

It's the worse method. She knows that but she can't stop now. She feels like the shittiest person in the world.

Ko turned to Bokuto-san. Full attention turns to barely even a single look. Connection got rusty. Exchange of messages turned to seen.

No matter what, she needs him to hate her.

If he hates her, he'll distance himself and not engaged with her ever again.

Akaashi was just a tool that fuel her plans.

She felt bad that she was just using him but she needed to.

Extremely shit and garbage. That's how she feels.

It made her scoff at her audacity to use a person just to make the other feel crap.

She knew how to fake actions and manipulate people when needed. Her uncle made sure she could do it.

After all, tendencies of being with a manipulator for so long can rub off of you and tempt you in using it when you need something to go your way. And only your way.

Atsumu sweatdropped and whispered to her, "Hey, don't do that. As much as I don't care for any person on the other team, what you're doing is really affecting him negatively. It's almost making me concerned."

"..."

Y/n just gave him a look that said 'Don't intervene'. He pursed his lips and nodded, turning back to his food with worry clouding his eyes. What Y/n was doing is scaring him– he felt nervous at the thought of her doing that kind of thing to him.

Akaashi was about to say something when Bokuto immediately got up from his seat and dashed outside the restaurant, leaving his untouched food.

"Aw, you made him sad," Konoha frowned and sipped on his water.

Akaashi face palmed, "L/n-san. You're going too far, please go after him. He's not familiar with the places of Hyogo, who knows where he'll stray."

"What? I don't want to," She quietly said but every inch of her was itching to do what he had said.

His face contorted to a slightly pissed look, "L/n-san. This is Bokuto we're talking about– the one you oh-so-called brother. You love him, right? You're worried for him? Concerned? Then go after him before he does something reckless that could get him in trouble. I'll even lend you money just to make sure he goes to our hotel safe, and buy him food so his stomach can be satisfied," He whispered but sharpness was shown with every word he said.

"..."

Akaashi is nearly losing his shit, but he remained calm. His worry for now is only for his captain, and he'd do anything to keep him safe and intact.

"Well??" Akaashi raised a brow and took out his bag to get the money.

The girl immediately stood up, making Atsumu hit Osamu with his head when he attempted to lean on her. She shook her head, "No, no. It's fine, I'll......go after him."

The ravenette sighed and nodded, wishing her good luck before turning to Konoha and some of his co-members who wanted an explanation judging on their raised brows.

He just shook his head and continued munching on his onigiri, hoping that Y/n would finally do something good for Bokuto after hurting him so much.

it's 3AM here
i'll just finish another chap