"I'd recommend you head home, love. They can smell your blood-"

"Did you kill Carol Lockwood?" I cut him off. I see Damon look back and forth between the two of us cautiously before backing out of the bar somewhat awkwardly. Klaus is silent.

"Tell me you didn't." I say, almost pleading with my eyes. When he only keeps our eye contact I get my answer.

"You were with me that night." I say, blinking away the tears that were beginning to blur my vision. He looks away, towards the vampires that had began getting up. "You left when I fell asleep?"

"You should leave now." He speaks, not even looking to me. I stare in disbelief and I feel my heart sink deep into my chest at his tone and words.

"Why are you acting like this?" I ask, my voice breaking slightly.

"Do not act so shocked, Scarlett. You know who I am. You didn't expect me to become a saint overnight did you?" He speaks firmly. As he speaks I feel my throat begin to burn and tighten as if I were suffocating.

"Stop." I say, blinking away the water that began to blur my eyes. He looks to me, and I see his features soften for only half a second before he speaks again with a face of no emotion.

"You're a smart girl. Don't be such a sentimental fool." He speaks slowly but with a tone as sharp as knives. It felt as if my heart had literally been ripped from my chest.

I don't know where the sudden shift in emotions came from but I knew it hurt.

Was I really the naive fool this time.

I feel a mixture of hatred and regret for everything that has happened between us. I wish, in this moment, I would've never met him.

I quickly wipe away the tear that has rolled down my cheek.

God I am so tired of being disappointed.

"You are such an asshole." I state, my eyes lingering on him for only a few seconds before I leave the bar.

"What are you doing here?" I ask in annoyance, slamming the front door of my house closed as my eyes bore on the man. The living room was scattered with books, and random miscellaneous pages and Stefan seemed to have been digging through them.

After my very emotional exit from the bar I was immediately sent off to go home by Damon- he didn't really want me involved in then twenty-something vampires chasing after everyone and quite frankly I didn't want to be involved either.

"We really have to talk." He says, his eyes meeting mine. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion but step closer towards him.

"The professor- he mentioned something today."

"Like what?"

"About your dad, Scar. They knew each other." He looks back down to the book clasped in his hand, flicking through the pages.

"He said a name- I recognized it." I watch him as he almost manically traced the pages with his eyes. Stress was evident on his face.

"I think we're missing something- I think your dad wasn't human." He mutters. My eyes widen slightly as I watch him shuffle through the pages of the old leather book.

I had never actually pondered on my biological father quite honestly. I had only really found out about him recently. I'm sure you can assume finding out my real parents weren't my parents at all was pretty shocking, but then finding out that Elena was actually their biological niece while I wasn't was even more shocking. I kinda felt weird about it for awhile- like an outcast.

When I first found out though I did some digging about my dad- but I found his death record. A drug overdose. It seemed normal enough. And by then Elena and I were pretty focused on our biological mother- the one we shared.

Isobel didn't explain much in terms of my father. So I never really set out to find anymore out- I assumed he was a human who died. Simple.

"Like a wolf? Wouldn't I know if he were?"

"Not a wolf, Scarlett. Something more powerful." He says, stopping on a page. I look down to it.

Demetrius Sirène

"Who is that?"

"A man who lived in the 1800's, in New Orleans." He speaks, as we both examine the obviously old painting.

"I think your father was apart of the Sirène line."

"What's that?"

"I don't know. But I know who does." He closes the book and looks to me.

"The professor."

A/N

😏 yall excited?🔍🔍