fifty two

"Stefan?"

"Hey, Scar." Stefan smiles from outside the door making me furrow my eyebrows in confusion. My eyes flicker to the motorcycle parked behind him making me even more confused.

"Where's Elena?"

"Party with Caroline. Figured since I spent half the day with her, I could spend the other half with you." I cross my arms as I look at the man. Didn't really feel like getting treated as if I needed comfort- even if I secretly did need it.

But Stefan always needed to help. I knew he would be worried if I even expressed a small amount of stress or sadness- which I did when I cried right in front of him. Look where that got me.

If only he knew the extent of my worries and the source of my sadness.

I guess I couldn't really pin point it myself. Was I upset that Klaus left or was I upset with myself for allowing anything to happen between us. Maybe a mix of both I guess.

"I'm not depressed or whatever you think is wrong with me, Stefan. I'm mourning. As usual." I mutter the last words, leaning against the door frame as his eyes bore into mine- I guess that didn't convince him.

"Let me get your mind off of it, off of everything." I purse my lips, debating whether I should refuse and go back to moping. I was curious to see what his plans were anyways. If theres one thing Stefan Salvatore excelled in, it was comforting people.

"Okay, what did you have in mind?" He only sends me a smile before nodding his head towards the motorcycle. I look at it before looking back to him, slightly worried.

"Do you even know how to drive that thing?"

"I'm a man of many talents, its better not to question it." He jokes, holding his hand out for me to take. I eye it for a moment- debating again if I felt like being in another automobile crash. With a sigh I close the front door and take his hand- to which he smiles victoriously before leading me to the bike where two helmets sat.

"Protection first." He says, nudging me as I grab the helmet. I let out a small grimace. If only he knew...

"The last couple times I've been in a car with you I've had a near death experience. Lets hope this goes different." I say, buckling the black helmet on. Maybe I felt slightly ridiculous but I also didn't wanna end up with brain damage because of Stefan.

"Yeah, we don't talk about that." He says before getting on the bike and starting it. I watch half in amazement and half in hopes that he knows what the hell he's doing. I've never ridden a motorcycle before so maybe I'm a little anxious.

"Cmon, promise I won't try to kill you..." He trails off, realizing what he was saying. "Again.."

I roll my eyes before getting on the back of the bike myself.

"Hold on." I hear him say, to which I wrap my arms around him cautiously. I hear him start the bike and rev the engine. We then take off, way quicker than I imagined. I feel my breath get caught in my throat but in a good way. I felt my stomach fill with butterflies. I tighten my hold on Stefan as I watch the passing trees.

He was right this felt good. The kind of good that I wouldn't regret soon after.

I find myself wanting to see more of the view. I cautiously begin to somewhat stand, moving my hands from Stefan's torso to his shoulders to balance
myself. The wind cooled my skin and blew through my hair. I let out a small laugh at the feeling which makes Stefan chuckle as well before revving the engine and speeding up.

I like the feeling, something like euphoria.

I watch the scenery as we speed by it, it was such a rush but beautiful at the same time. I felt like I was living the tunnel scene from The Perks Of Being A Wallflower.