two

"He's going to die, isn't he?" Is the first thing I hear as me and Klaus enter the room where Matt and Bonnie had been trying to find a way to save Tyler.

"I wouldn't be too sure about that." Klaus says, leaning against a wall.

"Given the choice, doppelgänger or a hybrid, I go hybrid every time." He continues, smirking. Just then the loud buzzer goes off from the gym.

"Stay." He says to me
before leaving the room with a smirk.

"What was that?" Bonnie asks, her eyes wide with fear.

"Once that alarm goes off, Stefan is compelled to feed on Elena." I say, shakily.

Matt's face goes from fear to anger as he heads towards the door that Klaus has just exited from.

"Matt, no. Finish this. I'll go." I snap, placing my hand on the shoulder of the blonde.

"He'll kill you Scarlett. I don't want anymore blood on my hands." Bonnie says shakily, her eyes pleading.

"I'll get help, I'll find Damon or something. I'm not waiting for that psycho to get back and kill us all." I say before reaching for the handle. I turn and give the girl one last look.

"Figure this out Bonnie. I know you can." I say, before exiting the room.

I took careful steps around the school, knowing any slip up could be heard by the vampires (who just happened to have heightened abilities) around me. I peeked around every corner, praying I wouldn't run into anyone and end up another casualty.

Every-time I think I hear a noise I imagine Dana's limp body after being fed on and how painful it looked. It almost haunted me.

"Turn it off!" The loud roar made me jump slightly as I looked at the direction it came from. The cafeteria doors were closed, I crouched closer and tried to peek from the small glass windows.

There stood Elena, Klaus and Stefan. But it no longer looked like Stefan. His demeanor changed into something almost robotic. No emotions. Elena though wasn't dead or being drank from. I almost let myself sigh in relief.

Klaus must have compelled him in some way to be some sort of attack dog. So now I no longer had only two murderous vampires that would kill me without a second thought but three. I decided I would not continue watching the scene and head for the nearest exit.

"What did you do?" Elena cried at Klaus.

"I fixed him. But I think a test is in order, don't you?" I heard, their voices becoming more muffled as I walked further away, this time in more of a hurry.

"Rippah... Perhaps you'd like a drink.. from the doppelgänger's neck?" My eyes widened at this but despite it I continued to run, laying my eyes on the big Exit sign.

Just as my fingers grasped the cold metal of the double doors a soft voice spoke from behind me.

"Tsk tsk. Miss Scarlett, where might you be heading?" The voice mockingly asks in a familiar accent.

I turn on my heel slowly.

"oh me? Just looking for a vending machine, oh look I found one!" I grin, pointing behind the man. When he turns to look I attempt to make a dash for it.

Only to run into a chest.

"What am I going to do with you, little one." The man sighs.

"I seriously can't believe you fell for that." I say awkwardly scratching my neck as I stare up at the tall man.

"Why don't you take a little nap, sweet pea." He says, his eyes gazing into mine.

All the sudden a nap sounded really good and I felt myself drift to sleep, falling into the arms of the vampire in front of me.