𝐁𝐑𝐘𝐂𝐄 𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄𝐑| 𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

Start from the beginning

I sent Jake a text but with my luck he wouldn't open it until the morning when he has a bad hangover. I told Bryce my address and we headed off.

The car ride was probably the most comfortable car ride ever with music playing and the soft tapping of Bryce's fingers on the steering wheel.

He parked his car in front of my house and unlocked the doors. He turned to me and gave me a smile, showing of his perfect white teeth.

"So I'll see you at school on Monday?"

"Not unless you want to come in?" I said and he looked confused. "I have ice cream and movies"

He looked like he was thinking hard about his answer and I questioned if it was wrong to invite a boy in when I had a boyfriend. But it wasn't like I wanted to do anything with him, I just wanted to watch movies and vibe with someone who seemed like genuinely a nice person.

"Can't say no to that. But aren't your parents home? And what if your boyfriend finds out I'm here?"

"My parents are away for the weekend and I don't think it matters what Jake thinks, it's not like we're gonna do anything"

"Yeah" he says kind of sadly. "But I'd love to come in"

For the rest of the night we watched movies and had ice cream as I promised, it was probably the most fun I've had in a while.

_________

New message from Jake <3

Hey I left because I was tired, sorry for leaving
you I'll talk to you tomorrow
Read at 9:48 am

Bryce Parker took you home?

What? How did you know that?

Some people said that you guys left together

He took me home because I was tired
Nothing happened he was just being nice

Yea sure

Jake? What's your problem with it

My problem is that some TikTok dude is tryna steal
my girl from me
Fucking prick

He didn't do anything wrong he was just being nice to
me and I'm not your property for someone to steal

Did you guys hang out after?
Read 10:01

You did didn't you?
I can't believe you

Nothing happened at all what's going on with you
We just talked and watched a movie

We'll if you do those things with him and not me
then why don't you just go be with him

We're over
Read 10:04

I didn't even want to reply back. Breaking up with someone over text? Immature much. God he's such a dick.

At least now I could admit to myself that I did feel something for Bryce. Maybe it was because he actually noticed me and listened to me, it felt like he actually cares about me.

He was different than Jake, he was different than other guys in general. I just felt comfortable with him for some reason.

And right on cue just as I was thinking about Bryce my phone started ringing and his name popped up on my phone screen.

"Hello?" I answered sounding a little sad which I cured myself for.

"Hey- are you okay?" He asks, worry and concern in his voice.

"I- yeah" I sighed.

"You sure?" He asks and I know he doesn't believe me so why should I lie to him.

"No, I guess not"

"What's wrong? You can tell me, I can come over if you want" He actually sounds worried about me and that really makes me feel more attracted to him.

"Uh, yeah sure, you can come over"

"Okay, be there in ten"

Fifteen minutes pass and I hear a knock at my front door and go get it. Sure enough it's Bryce who had a bag in his hand.

"Sorry I'm a little late, I made a stop" I let him in and he walks to my kitchen and I follow him.

"I don't know what happened but I got tissues in case you need to cry, watermelon sour patch kids because you said that they're your favorite, and ice cream because ice cream makes everything better" He pulls things out of the bag as he states what they are.

I literally think my heart just melted. No one had ever done something like that for me. He even remembered the little detail I told him about the sour patch kids.

I go to hug him, wrapping my arms around his torso taking him my surprise. He hugs me back though, wrapping his arms around me and it feels nice.

Without realizing it a tear falls down my cheek and Bryce notices as my breathing shutters.

"Hey" he takes my cheek in the palm of his hand. "Why are you crying?" He asks softly.

"He broke up with me. He though I was cheating on him... with you" I whisper the last part but he hears it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. This is my fault, I shouldn't of-"

"No it not your fault at all, not even a little bit. He's just a horrible person, I don't think he ever really cared about me. No one ever really does, except for you" I look him in the eyes.

"I just think that your overlooked by people" Bryce says brushing some hair behind my ear. "I've liked you for a long time and I just saw how he treated you, you deserve better than him"

"You-you like me?"

"I uh-" he scratches the back of his neck, his other arm still wrapped around my waist. "Yeah, I'm sorry if that makes you uncomfortable"

I lean up and kiss his cheek, watching after as the skin turns a pink color.

"I like you to Bryce, but I think we should take things slow. I just got out of a relationship"

"I understand, whatever you want" He presses a kiss to my forehead. "I'll wait as long as you need me to"

"Your amazing" I whisper up to him.

"I know" he says making me laugh. "And you are very beautiful" now it's my turn to blush.

"Ice cream now?"

"I thought you'd never ask"