she won't let go when you hug her

Lucy didn't even have the chance to announce her arrival when she walked through the front door because you were already running down the stairs and over to her.

"Lucy!" You wrapped your arms around her and hugged her tightly.

"Oh!" She laughed, surprised by how excited you were to see her. But she wasn't complaining. "I see someone missed me today." She chuckled before she buried her lips in your hair to kiss along the crown of your head. "Oh, baby, I missed you too."

You lifted your face from her neck and nudged your nose against her chin before laying a kiss there. "Did you have a good day?"

She nodded. "Good but long. But I'm happy to be home with you now."

Your heart began to beat faster in your chest when she looked into your eyes and smiled at you. No matter how much time passes by in your relationship, you always find her smile making you weak in the knees.

"I'm happy to hear that." You whispered and gave her a kiss on the cheek before you tried to wiggle out of her embrace.

But she wouldn't let you. Instead, her grip on you became a little tighter and while you laughed and tried to push at her shoulders and wriggle away, she just buried her face in your neck and hummed against your skin.

"You smell good..." she whispered against your neck.

"Thank you." You whispered back to her as you stopped laughing and fighting to get out of her embrace. Because, how could you ever complain about your girlfriend wanting nothing more than to hug you?

"I love you so much."

She started planting kisses to your neck.

"And I hope that you know that I'm not letting you go."

Laying your head on her shoulder, you closed your eyes and melted into the comfort her arms provided you.

"I'm okay with that. I love you too, and I missed you like crazy. You don't ever have to let me go." You whispered.

"I'm happy to hear you say that, baby girl... because I don't plan on it."