Chapter 30

guess who's back, back again

oH also for those of you asking about chapter 29- wattpad put it on private because it's got some serious R rated stuff oops sorry it's stupid ik but you'll have to follow me to read it and possibly other chapters in the future

Harry's POV

"It's nice... ya know?" I murmured against the soft skin of Louis' collarbone.

"What's that?" Louis questioned, lazily running a hand through my curls.

"This." I sighed happily as I gave his free hand a gentle squeeze. I wasn't sure what had me feeling so sentimental, but I couldn't help but to swoon over the blue eyed boy on that peaceful Saturday morning. I was perfectly content nestled into Louis' side under the warm covers. "I don't know I just feel so... safe when I'm with you. I feel protected."

Louis' motions stopped for just a beat too long, his fingers stilling in my hair. As usual, I had probably said the wrong thing.

"Yeah, well maybe you shouldn't." He muttered so lowly I almost didn't catch it. I shifted under the sheets and leaned up on my elbows to scrutinize his expression. Louis' eyes appeared distant and almost darker. It was as if there was a storm raging on in the usual calm, blue seas.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I demanded, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Nothing... never mind." Louis blinked and sat up. I watched bewilderedly as Louis stood from the bed and floated through the door. "I'll make us some breakfast." He called as he made his way through the halls. I sat up in his bed dumbfounded as the sheets pooled around my waist. It was nearly impossible to get used to Louis' horrid mood swings. His unpredictable behavior was giving me whiplash. Louis could be so lovely and gentle one moment then cold and withdrawn the next. I longed to know the reason for the darkness inside him that I could see shining through his eyes. If eyes truly are a window to the soul then Louis Tomlinson's was as dark as his ink decorating his chest.

After tossing on one of Louis' sweaters and comfy sweatpants, I followed the delectable scent of pancakes out to the kitchen. I collapsed into the chair across from Louis and we ate our breakfast in a slightly uncomfortable silence.

"I have to go meet Zayn. I'll drop you off on my way." Louis spoke as he cleared our now empty plates from the table. I nodded dejectedly and went to grab my stuff. I'd be lying through my teeth if I said I hadn't hoped to spend the day with Louis. I suppose I was being selfish and he did have the right to hang out with his friends. Speaking of friends, I hadn't seen any of mine in what felt like ages. I had been so busy wrapped up in my little world of Louis that I have seriously neglected the few friends I managed to make. I made a mental note to call Liam when I got home.

Louis drove me home and bid goodbye with a quick kiss on the cheek before he was off. I sulked all the way into my house and waved at my parents on my way to my room. They didn't it bother asking where I was anymore, it was just assumed.

I laid on my bed, swinging my feet about as the familiar voice of Liam spoke in my ear. He swore that Sarah and Aaron missed me just as much as he had and insisted that I come over to hang out. I agreed only semi willingly. I really just wanted to sleep but it was so hard not to give into Liam's pleading, especially when I know I've been a crummy friend recently.

Hanging out with Liam was an entire different world from hanging out with Louis. The drugs and alcohol were replaced with games and snacks. We all lounged around watching movies and talking about our horrible school assignments until we passed out. It was barely even eleven when my friends lay snoring on the floor and I almost longed for Zayn's crude jokes and Niall's obnoxious laughter. But most of all, I longed for Louis' warm body next to me. I became so accustomed to having my limbs wrapped up in his every night that it felt strange without him. I finally drifted off hours later, comforted by the thought of seeing Louis in the morning.