Chapter 32

A package came from my church today as I was writing this. If this fic wasn't bad enough I was laughing at their bible studying tips while eating the candy they sent me. See you all in hell

Harry's POV

I looked at my reflection over the sink and pushed an unruly curl off my face. I only had a few minutes before the final bell would ring and I had to meet Louis.

The presence of another person in the small school bathroom was made known by the loud bang of a stall door swinging open. I hurriedly continued washing my hands. The sound of footsteps grew louder and I glanced into the mirror to see a familiar face behind me.

"Fancy seeing you here." He smirked.

"In the bathroom of the school that we both attend? Not really." I scoffed, shaking my hands and turning around to give him an unimpressed scowl.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere dangling off the arm of your boyfriend?" He rolled his eyes.

"I'm actually going to be late to meet him. So if you don't mind." I wiped the remainder of water on the back of my pants and moved toward the door. It was a foolish thought, thinking that he'd just let me leave in peace.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Zayn arched a perfect eyebrow and stepped into my path.

"Yes, I'm sure. I'd much rather see him than stand here in the bathroom with you, Zayn." I spit his name as if it were venom on my tongue.

"Alright, suit yourself. But I'm sure you'd much rather be in a dirty bathroom with me than where he's going to take you. Don't say I didn't warn you." He shrugged and turned to strut out the door without another word.

I stared at the empty space he just abandoned in confusion. What did he even mean? Louis had mentioned wanting to go to the mall after school. Sure, it was nothing special, but it wasn't anything scary or alarming either. But then again, what wasn't worrisome when you're with Louis.

I shook the silly thoughts from my head and walked toward the door. Zayn was probably just trying to get under my skin as usual.

I barely stepped through the door before a hand wrapped around my wrist. I was unsurprised to see Louis grinning against the wall as he tugged me to his side. He pushed himself off the wall and placed a quick kiss on my lips.

"You ready to go?" He asked, lacing our fingers together. I nodded uncertainly and let him lead me down the hall. I waited until we were outside to begin pestering him with questions.

"We're just going to the mall, right?" I asked hastily.

"Unless there was somewhere else you wanted to go?" Louis questioned back, tilting his head at me in confusion.

"Uh, no. I was just wondering why you wanted to go there..." I mumbled while keeping my eyes trained on the ground.

"I just thought it'd be a nice change in scenery is all. Jesus it's like you're afraid to go to the mall. Or is it that you're afraid of going with me?" Louis stopped his movements, pulling me to a stop in the middle of the parking lot. "I thought we were finally over this bullshit." His expression hardened.

"I-I am. Don't be ridiculous, let's go." I finally met his harsh gaze. He didn't seem convinced so I began walking again, tugging his hand behind me. Thankfully he followed without arguing.

I let his hand fall from mine when we reached his car. We separated ways and I walked to the passenger side. I glanced around while waiting for Louis to unlock the door. I quickly regretted my decision when I spotted him a few rows down. Zayn took a final drag of his cigarette before throwing it to the ground and crushing it with the sole of his boot. He immediately looked up, meeting my gaze. He slowly slid his index finger across his throat in a slitting motion while an evil grin spread across his face.