Chapter 17

School started for me and many other writers. It's been a pretty stressful week for me. I apologize as the updates will probably become even less frequent.

Please review.

~~~

A few weeks had passed since Aang and Katara reconciled about their thoughts and feelings. They had grown to love each other even more, but twinges of jealousy still lingered. Aang enjoyed his time at the school, but he missed Katara greatly and often caught himself thinking about her. Katara had similar feelings. She missed her boyfriend greatly, and although they had plenty of time to be together at the house, she couldn't stop thinking of him. Whenever she saw a girl get close with Aang, she would always get jealous and envious, but always managed to keep her cool.

"Can you guys believe it? These girls won't leave him alone, even when they don't know he's the Avatar," Katara said as she motioned to a group of girls crowding Aang.

"You should be flattered, Sugar Queen. You managed to score a guy who is attractive no matter his position. Twinkletoes isn't concerned about any of those girls, he just wants to be with you. I can feel him get nervous and uncomfortable whenever any girl approaches him, but when you enter the room, it's a whole different story," Toph replied.

Katara blushed. "I just wish we could spend more time together. Even though we get to hang out at home, it still pains me to bottle up my emotions for him when he's literally right there. I want the world to know that he's mine and that I'm his."

"Don't sweat it, Katara. The semester-finals are coming up soon and we'll finally be done with school," Suki reassured her.

"Yeah, you'll have the free time to profess your love for each other for the millionth time," Toph teased.

Katara rolled her eyes, but she smiled because she knew that she would finally have some time with Aang soon.

Aang walked to his sixth-period class and entered the room.

"Hello, Kuzon."

"Greetings, Instructor Rekishi," Aang replied.

Instructor Rekishi then looked up to the rest of the class while Aang took a seat.

"Before class begins, I'd like to make an announcement." The class looked up at him. "Our semester-finals are coming up and the school has decided to host a dance before our stressful week. The Spirit Ball will take place after school at the end of the week. We shall meet at the Ba Sing Se Dancing Hall. You must wear formal attire and you're expected to bring a date."

Many students made eye-contact while many gazes went to 'Kuzon'. Aang was too busy stressing about the dance to notice people staring at him.

"OH SPIRITS! I have to bring a DATE? This is terrible. I really want to bring Katara, but it'll just cause us problems." He slammed his head into his desk and groaned.

~~~

He spent the whole class panicking about it. Aang didn't pay attention to any lessons taught that day. As soon as class ended, he rushed through the halls, looking for Katara.

"Hey Katara!" he called.

"Yeah, Aa-err... Kuzon," Katara responded.

"You heard about the dance, right?" Aang whispered.

"Yeah, what are we going to do? We have to bring dates," she whispered back.

"I really want to bring you, but it will just cause confusion and disruption."