Chapter 6: Acting Skills

Start from the beginning

He wanted to stop the elder when he realized what he was posting, but it was already too late. Glaring up at the elder, Mew shrugged. Then he looked at him for a long time, realizing something.

"You should watch our first drama together, TharnType The Series," he suggested.

It had crossed his mind as well earlier today after seeing some clips from the series. Indeed, it would probably be a good idea to get to understand this worlds Gulf more. He still wanted to talk to Mew as well though, wanted to get to know his side of the story.

"I will," he agreed, "on the condition that you watch it with me."

Mew agreed quickly, as if he'd already knew this would be requested. They arrived home quickly. Gulf almost ran to the bathroom, desperate for some comfortable home clothing. He wasn't used to all the accessories and fancy-dress Mew had chosen for him to wear this morning. How he longed for sweatpants and a tank top. Remembering the live that would follow later that evening, he opted for black sweatpants and an oversized shirt which showed off his arms and collarbones. He knew instinctively how expensive the shirt must be just by the soft texture of it alone. Maybe he could get used to being rich like this.

He basically jumped onto the white sofa in the living room, fully appreciating how soft and large it was. Mew was still walking around the room, checking the television and looking for the USB with the right episodes. There was even some popcorn and drinks present on the table in the middle of the room. Oh yes, Gulf could definitely get used to being rich and pampered like this.

"So, we basically chose each other to act as Tharn and Type?" Gulf asked as Mew sat next to him, the first episode started playing in the background. "Yes, we had good chemistry," Mew answered matter of factly. The younger frowned a little at the use of past tense. They still had good chemistry now as well, though?

In his own universe, Gulf had never had time to watch a BL series. He had been tempted to check out SOTUS once or twice, but he could never find the time to finish the series. He knew of the drama TharnType from his own universe, there had been much buzz about it as well. Was it as famous there as it was here? He wondered who played Type there.

Nearing the end of the first episode, Gulf was completely sold on the story. In the beginning, it had been rather weird to see himself act in a series, even if it wasn't him exactly, but he got used to it after a while. The character of Type really agreed with something in Gulf himself, understanding why this universe's him had applied for the job. On top of that, the chemistry he and Mew had was very clear to him from the first minutes. He understood, as Tharn kissed the drunk Type on bed, how this had gotten so famous. His own heart was beating faster in anticipation every kiss Tharn placed on the sleeping boy. The feelings of N'Tharn transferred so beautifully on screen joining his own.

Gulf almost gasped as the scene draw to an end, credits rolling. "Next one?" he asked to Mew, his voice unsure. His husband hadn't been paying much attention in the beginning of the episode, instead focusing on some script, but somewhere in between the script had disappeared, and his gaze redirected to the screen.

Mew grabbed the remote control, setting up the next episode. "Sure," he sounded a bit breathless himself. "Watching this reminds of when we – I mean me and my Gulf – recorded this." There was a slight smile on his face, as if remembering a good memory.

"Why?" Gulf was interested. The next episode had already started, but his attention was with his husband. They locked eyes for a second, before Gulf was reminded, he should watch the television.

It took a while before Mew actually replied. "We had to redo the kiss-scene so many times, since nong kept kissing back. He explained how he thought Type wanted to kiss Tharn while drunk, but the director didn't agree," another breathless smile.