Shahma rocked the child and patted her until the child slept due to tiredness. Shahma's arms started aching but she knew that the warmth of the embrace was worth the pain. Two little arms were clinging on her shoulders as a small head rested on her chest. She wondered if the child was feeling uncomfortable due to her flat chest.

"I am so sorry," A woman stole the warmth from Shahma as she took the child. "Did she bother you?"

Shahma shook her head.

Suddenly Shahma felt a pull at her wrist and it was her sister.

"Come fast, there is free table at the corner" Shahana said as she dragged her sister and looked at the woman with the child.

"Ruksana, you are coming right?"

Ruksana nodded as she wiped her daughter's sweaty face.

The peak hours were over and thus they got the food pretty quick. The woman who was serving them was staring intensely at Ruksana and just the stare made Shahma feel uncomfortable.

"You are Rajula's daughter isn't it?"

Ruksana smiled and nodded.

"Rabiya...that girl who got divorced last month... your cousin right?" The rice that she had managed to carry on the spatula fell back into the tray due to a very big chicken piece.

"Yeah," Ruksana's smile did not falter even if Shahma felt a little uncomfortable due to the topic the conversation was leading to.

"Her ex-husband had an affair isn't it?"

Ruksana nodded again.

"You know, women should adjust a lot," the lady sighed. " It is going to be difficult for her parents to find another husband for her especially since she has two kids,"

"She is not planning on getting married anytime soon,"

"Oh why?"

" Her life her choice," Ruksana shrugged before proceeding to starting to the plate of pleasure.

The woman looked at Ruksana for a minute or so before huffing.

"Kids these days have no respect," She did not wait for a reply from Ruksana as she trotted away.

"You have become a pretty strong girl after school days, huh?"

"Well, I had to face a little lot when I backed of a marriage after engagement and then I had to face many questions just because her father had her when we were getting married,"

"Huh?" Shahma did not quite understand the situation and her confusion was vocalized before she had even detected it.

"Her biological mother had died during her birth," Ruksana's eyes were set on the little girl on her lap, "some of them even dared to ask me if it was because I had him in mind that I called of my marriage with that first guy,"

"Did you Rukki?" Shahana asked with a naughty smile on her face.

"I met him for the first time in my life when he e to see me with my daughter and the truth be told my heart did skip a beat that day but that was t because of him, it was when my eyes met with my daughter's"

"I really don't understand , Ruksana, why do people have a lot of questions, I mean...all that everyone have to ask me after Fajar's one month visits are...." Shahana made her voice a little high pitched and then looked at Ruksana's stomach "so Shahana, is there someone?"

Ruksana chuckled and shook her head.

"I just wish if I were a boy, I wouldn't have to hear all those awkward questions, right?" Shahana served herself with another spoon of beef fry, frustration evident on her face.

"Oh no," Ruksana shook her head "guys too have to face questions though different, many of the boys also feel irritated with such questions,"

"Like what?" Shahma looked like she was going to declare war at the piece of beef in her hand, the rubber characteristic was simply getting on her nerves.

"About when they are going to get a job or when they are going to get married or have children and all..."

"Seems like having four brothers would let you know about the hardships in the lives of boys," Shahma was cheering a rubber piece and she seemed to enjoy it.

Ruksana smirked.

"There will always be questions and hurtful words and many of the askers do not intend any harm, it's like it's just a part of the conversation so it's up to you if you want to continue, control or avoid the conversation and it's totally up to you to let those words get into you or not," Ruksana shrugged.

Shahma looked at both of them. It wasn't just her who was being questioned by random aunties. She used to be questioned about why she wasn't getting married and she thought that it was a plight. She never realized that it wasn't just her who was being questioned and talked about based on private matters.

She was thinking of herself as a victim for so long that she did not even notice that her sister was also being questioned about something by the' aunty community.

She took her phone and send a message.

"Yew Shahma, your phone is just greasy now, couldn't you wait till you finished your biriyani and washed your hands?" Shahana asked as she scrunched her nose.

Shahma read the message once again, making sure that she didn't make any mistakes.

'Can we meet?'