Chapter 28

Shahma had her phone in her hand.

She walked back and forth in her room as she wondered how Sushi was doing. She wanted Sushi to be happy. She deeply wished that the man was a really nice man with Sushi's tastes. It would have been very nice if Sushi had liked that man. Sushi as well as her parents would be out of worries if Sushi likes the guy and said yes to the marriage.

It would have been even greater if they could have their marriages in the same month and go for a honeymoon trip together.

Some really nice honeymoon spot....Sushi, Viswanath, Shahma and Salu. She giggled at the name that she herself found for her future husband.

Shahma liked the idea of being on a houseboat under a starry night, watching the stars and the moon with Salu. The night would be more than beautiful, holding his hand with a tingly feeling in her heart.

Does Salu like house boat trips?

Or they could go to some place Palakkayan thattu. They could get tired together while walking and take small intervals of rest with small yet beautiful chit chats. All her cousins had said that the time period just after their marriages were just absolutely the best. She and Salu could resume their trip just after the small chit chats, holding hands and smiling.

But what if Salu hates the idea of walking a lot?

She really knew nothing about Salu. She made a mental note to ask Salu about having another meet up before their marriage.

"don't you think that you are just being desperate to find common interests?" The words managed to enter her thoughts again. She could not understand why aunt Anna was so interested in making her back off from the marriage. Aunt Anna had claimed that it was only because she wanted to make a character or something but Shahma was pretty sure that the case was different. There was something more.

She looked at her phone again.

She wanted to call and ask about it aunt Anna directly but she did not dare to. Instead she walked over to her computer and logged into her Facebook account. She did not know Aunt Anna's last name and there were a lot of Annas in Kannur. None of those Annas had the beautiful woman's photo as the profile picture.she moved onto option B.

She took Thomas's profile. She could not help but think that his profile was not something like what she expected.

His wall picture was a pendulum's photo. The background looked pretty familiar. The arrangement of the tables. The light blue colored wall. The cream colored tiles. The ceiling fan that was almost hidden behind the spider webs.

It was her physics lab.

She never knew that Thomas liked physics so much. She could never guess in a million ears that he liked pendulum.

In her case she hated pendulums so much . She could still remember the day that she discovered insanity at physics lab. The pendulum moved on its own accord and thus she could not count it. Neither could her lab partner. Thomas was such a mess that day, receiving a lot of scoldings from their physics teacher.

His dp was taken from Ali baba restaurant.

He had thousands of friends and it was obvious that many of his Facebook friends were people he never met in his life. Shahma shook her head as she wondered how he managed a lot of shallow friendships. His wall was filled with Valentine's Day wishes.  Some of the wishers even dared to confess their loves. Thomas had given all of them the same answer which made Shahma scrunch her nose.

'Happy Valentine's Day to you too. May your love life be successful unlike mine,'

Even the confessors got the same answer. The guy must have been so hurt to be distracted that much. She felt sorry for him.