61

Chapter 61: Tension

═════ 🌼 ═════

~Jean~

I had grown suspicious of my neighboring countries. Building up my men seemed like the right thing to do, I would have them stationed at the borders. It's been too quiet. Sitting upon my throne just like yesterday, and the day before that, I waited upon the news of my spies.

Getting to the bottom of whatever the five other countries were doing and stop it if I could. My days grew boring without my once loyal Duke by myside entertaining me with meaningless talk of his bride to be and politics.

Marco had left my court due to my harsh treatments with my people. He believed I should be more compassionate. Screw that. My father raised me to be smart and limit the people on having too much power.

As the hot blazing sun bored through the windows behind me I saw a little scrawny man run in. A messenger. "Your spies... they're back." he says. Rushing to my feet I fix my crown and begin walking up the carpet following the little messenger. This should be interesting.

~(Y/N)~

I had abruptly awoken to a slamming sound, as if something hard had been punched. I quickly sit up and turn to the door. My eyes darted down to the other side of the bed. It hasn't been slept in. Look back up at the bathroom door I sit for only a moment before bouncing to my feet onto the cold hardwood floor.

In only my nightgown I walk through the bathroom and into the office. There Levi sat with one fit hard on the desk, his face contorted in frustration and exhaustion. He's been up all night. Levi had stayed up all night unnecessarily trying to mend our plan. "Levi darling, you need to res-

"Not now, I'm busy." he shoots back.

I crossed my arms and bored my eyes into the top of his head. "You haven't slept at all, you don't even need to fix this." I say, quickly swiping the paper out from under him I rush away towards the sofa.

"(Y/N) don't fuck with me right now." he growls.

"Then, please, go take a nap and stop worrying about this, the plan stays the sa-

He rushed over and grabbed my wrists tightly. "Give me the damn paper now." he says, his expression turned dark and deadly but I knew he wouldn't hurt me. So, I took the paper and ripped it up in front of him. I watched his hands shake at they were balled up into fists, he was resisting to lash out.

"Sleep, now." I say in a stern tone.

Rolling his eyes, he instead of heading to the bedroom walked past me and grabbed his coat. With a loud slam to the door he left the office. I stood there in the middle of the room looking at the ripped up pieces of paper in my hands. That was a tad bit childish...

Moments later the door opened, hoping it was Levi I turned quickly. Instead, it was a guard, but not just any guard. It was Connie the Zesmeirian spy. "Connie, hello." I greet, I wrapped my arms around myself shielding my chest.

"G-good morning M'lady... I-I can come back in a moment and let you dress-

"No that's fine, what is it?" I ask.

"Is Prince Levi in the other room?" he asks as his eyes scanned the room just to be sure.

I shook my head. "Sorry, he just left." I stood there waiting for him to leave but he didn't. Does he wish to speak with me privately?

"I-I should wait then... to tell you until he arrives so you both know." he says, he quickly turned, flustered to see me in only my nightgown. Walking up to him I grab his forearm.