24

Chapter 24: Behind His Back

═════ 🌼 ═════

~(Y/N)~

A week had passed since Levi and I had infiltrated the group of assassins in Pridoria. Since then I had been sneaking out of the castle to gain more information without Levi's permission.

If he knew he would be furious. One night early in the morning I snuck through an opened window in the kitchen, squeezing myself in the window I fall out on the other side, luckily not making too much noise I was safely back in the castle.

Looking around I slowly made my way to the door, slightly opening it my eyes scan the hall for any guards roaming around on night watch. Finding the coast clear I bolt out of the door running into the main entrance. Stepping up the grand stairs I make my way up to the third floor.

I didn't think Levi would be up around this time and tried to sneak my way into the room, but once I reached the third floor there I saw Levi waiting outside my door with a guard standing next to him.

Standing there I consider my options, face him and receive punishment for sneaking out or turn around and try again later. Not wanting my punishment to be worse than it already was I face him.

Marching down the hall I stop just in front of him. He turned to the guard. "Leave us," he orders.

The guard nodded before walking past Levi. Turning I watch as he leaves the third floor, since finding out about the group I had been on edge with the servants knowing they could possibly be apart of it.

The snapping of fingers caught my attention, turning back to Levi I saw his cold displeased glare, noticing the bags under his eyes I felt slightly guilty. He must have been worried. "Where the hell were you?" he asks.

"Out for a night stroll." I lie.

"At three in the fucking morning?" he asks.

"Y-yes... I've been helping the guards with their nightly shifts..." I answer.

Levi stood there silently looking down at me suspiciously. Standing there nervously I did my best to stand tall. "Were you with Moblit?" he asks.

With wide eyes, I shook my head vigorously. "Of course not!" I answer loudly. Why would he ask that? I told him I hold no feelings for Moblit.

"...Alright then... just tell me before you head out." he sighs.

Turning his back to me I watch him slowly make his way up the carpet. "Aren't you going to punish me? I've caused you to lose sleep, and didn't inform you of my leave." I call.

He stood there silently as if he were trying to decide whether or not to punish me. "I'll let it pass this time... have a good night," he mutters.

Standing there slightly surprised I watch him disappear behind the glass door of his office. Is he working this late? Knowing my absents wasn't the only thing keeping him from sleeping I run down the hall toward the glass doors with roses engraved into the glass. A new installation. Pulling the gold knob down I open the door and enter the office. Coming in without permission seems to have no effect on Levi.

Walking further into his office I stood there watching him write down things on a blank piece of paper. "Prince Levi, you should rest and deal with this tomorrow," I suggest.

"No thank you, I'm fine... I need to get this letter sent to Prince Eren and Queen Historia letting them know that we will not be attending any events until this problem is dealt with." He answers. By problem does he mean the group of assassins?