Chapter 16: Fight or Flight

(Aviva's view)

Just then the door burst open, and two men with short swords burst into the room.

"Where the hell did you three come from?!" one of the men yelled, as he swung his sword at me which I dodged with ease before knocking it out of his hand.

"Why are you keeping this family captive?" I hissed in reply, as I rolled coming up on one knee and kicking his legs out from under him.

"Rave, get the other guy!" I yelled, as I jumped up spun around in the air and kicked the guy in the jaw.

"Think you're so quick, eh?" the guy said, as he struggled to his feet and lunged at me.

I quickly side stepped like father taught me and the guy went face first into the wall.

"What was that? I didn't hear you." I said, as I spun around and punched him in the nose.

"Viva, jump!" Raven called, as the other man swung his sword in an attempt to cut me but I jumped up and kicked him in the face.

"You're a quick one, aren't ya missy?" he taunted, as he spat blood and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

I quickly spun around, and punched him squarely in the jaw.

"Do you ever stop talking?" I asked, as I brought out my guns and pointed them at him.

"Aviva, look out!" Avian screamed, as the other guy ran at me with his swords out.

I quickly spun around with my guns still out and pointed one of them at the man.

"Do you seriously want to make me pull this trigger?" I asked, as I continued to point my gun at him causing him to gulp.

"What are you going to do with that?" He asked, and I raised an eyebrow.

"I think you know what a vampire huntress can do with a gun, but if you don't then you're about to find out." I said, as I kept the gun pointed at him.

"You're no hunter, you're just a kid." he said, and my lip curled into a devious smirk.

"If that's what you think." I said, before nodding at Raven who kicked the guy's legs out from under him and sucker punched him in the jaw.

"We're three very clever kids." Kaname's voice said from beside me, and I turned to see him throw one of the daggers that Raven had loaned him straight at the man as it embedded itself deep into his leg causing him to drop his sword and clutch his leg with a cry of pain.

"Whoa, talk about aim." Raven said, as he recovered from the sudden shock.

I looked over at Kaname who simply glanced over at me with a small smile.

"My mother taught me how to throw a dagger." He said, as he pulled the dagger out of the man's leg causing him to howl in pain.

"My father taught me to shoot a gun when I turned 9." I said, as the three of us stood shoulder to shoulder ready to attack. "Ready?" I asked, and they both nodded.

"Ready when you are, Viva." Raven said, as he shot a quick smirk in my direction.

"Kaname?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yes, I'm more than ready." he said, as he returned the smirk.

The two men rushed at us, and we quickly side stepped then spun around and rolled before coming up on our knees then attacking them.

"We must've caught them off guard." Raven said, as he swung his scythe and knocked his opponent to the ground.

I smirked, as I took his hand and spun before shooting the other guy in the shoulder. "Nice move, show off." Kaname said, as he threw his dagger at the first guy.