Chapter 15: Infinite Rescue

(Aviva's view)

It was nearly midnight by the time we reached the building that Avian had described to me and I switched on my flashlight as we neared.

"You nervous?" Raven asked, as he squeezed my hand in his. "Yes, I'm very nervous." I said, as I looked at him.

"Let's go, we should find Avian." I said, as we continued forward.

"Aviva, are you sure we should go in there?" Kaname asked, as he looked around nervously.

"What's the matter? are you chicken or something?" I asked, and he glared at me.

"Certainly not!" he said, before glancing around nervously.

"I don't buy it Kaname, you are looking around like someone is following us." I said, quickly glancing around nervously.

"Who's the chicken now?" he asked, and I glared.

"Shut it." I hissed, causing Raven to chuckle softly.

"Viva, you might want to get that gun out now." he said, as he suddenly pulled out a long metal rod which transformed into a scythe.

"Rave, where did you?" I asked, then went quiet as he shushed me.

"Not a good time to explain." he said, and I nodded as I pulled the two guns from their holders on my hips. "Why am I the only one without a weapon?" Kaname asked, as he looked at us.

"It could be that you came with everything but something to protect yourself." Raven said, as he tossed him a set of daggers.

"C'mon, let's go get Avian and go." he said, and Kaname nodded as he followed us into the building.

"Avian?" I called, as we continued to walk through the darkness.

I pushed open the nearest door, and a cry of horror escaped my lips as I spotted him and another figure bound tightly together by a silver rope.

"Avian, wake up." I said, as I worked quickly to untie the ropes. "Aviva?" he asked, as his blurry eyes found mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked, and he nodded weakly. "Yes, I'm f-fine." he stammered, as he continued to look at me.

"I've brought some friends with me, and we're here to rescue you guys." I said, as I worked to untie the other mans hands.

"T-That's great." Avian murmured, as his eyes shut and his head flopped onto my shoulder.

 "Raven, help me get him untied and Kaname you work on the couple near the back." I said, as I continued to untie the man's ropes.

 "Where am I?" I looked down, and saw that the man had awakened.

 "My name is Aviva Yagari, my friends and I have come to rescue you." I said, and he smiled at me sadly.

 "My name is Rido Kuran." he said, as he gave me the ghost of a smile.

 "You look a lot like my niece, she had the same color eyes as you do and she disappeared when she was only a baby." He said, as his crimson and blue eyes became clouded with tears.

 "What was her name?" I asked, as I worked to untie his feet. "Aviva Kuran." he said, as he looked up at me with a sad smile.