Chapter 7: Far away reflections

(Aviva's view)

That afternoon when we returned from Cross Academy I sat down on the couch next to father who smiled at me.

"Did you have fun?" he asked, and I nodded as I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Yes, do you think we could have Uncle Kaien over for dinner sometime?" I asked, and he nodded. "Of course." he said, as he kissed my forehead.

"I'm getting rather---" I began, then suddenly dropped to my knees with a gasp.

"Aviva?!" Father cried, as he knelt by my side hurriedly pulling my shaking body into his lap.

"Daddy, make it stop!" I whimpered, as the shaking continued and the voices in my head grew louder.

After a minute or so I stopped shaking, and glanced up at my father who was looking down at me in concern. "What happened?" I asked, as he stroked my hair.

"You had a panic attack, dear and it scared me half to death." he said, and I nodded.

"I'm sorry I scared you, daddy." I said and my father shushed me.

"It's alright, my dear." he said, as he rubbed my back comfortingly.

"I'm tired, can I take a nap?" I asked, and my father nodded as he helped me to my feet and walked upstairs to my room.

Once we reached it, I hugged him then got into bed and fell asleep.

I woke with a start when I heard the sound of tapping on my mirror, I curiously got out of bed and made my way over to my mirror in the wall.

I peered inside and saw three figures looking back at me.

I let out a surprised yelp, and stepped backward slightly, but then stepped closer to the mirror.

I recognized them as the men and woman from my dream, and I noticed that they weren't smiling like they had been in the dream but looked sad.

The man with the long wavy black hair stepped forward and touched his hand to the glass then looked at me expectantly, and I repeated the gesture with my own hand which made him smile sadly.

I smiled back, before removing my hand from the glass and looking at them.

"Who are you?" I asked, and they pointed at me then back at themselves.

'We are your family,' said a voice in my head, and I gasped.

"That's impossible! my father is Toga Yagari!' I said, and the woman shook her head sadly as she looked at me.

'It is true my child, we are indeed your family.' she said, and I shook my head again.

The man with the short black hair smiled at me.

'Search your heart and in time the memories will come.' he said, and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Okay, what is that supposed to mean?" I asked, and he tapped his heart with his hand then pointed at me again.

'We must go now, but we hope to reunite with you soon my dear.' he said, before the three of them vanished from the glass.

I was still thinking about what they could have meant as I climbed back into bed and falling into an uneasy sleep.