chapter five

Now playing:
🎶Suffocate by Hayd🎶

Your pov:

"Okay today's event.. is photography by the beach!" Jisoo says as she pulls out a piece of paper with a list of things.

"Great! We can use my camera." Lisa said and smiled widely then she went upstairs to get her camera.

"I'll go change into something good." Chaeyoung said as she went up to her room. "I'll come with." Jennie said and followed Chaeyoung.

I think Jisoo once mentioned that Jennie's amazing in fashion.

"I think I'm gonna put on some good clothes too." Jisoo said and I was left alone. I decided to go to my place and found some good clothes to change into.

Once I was satisfied with my outfit, I went out and stared at the dark sky filled with the shining stars

"Y/n! Over here!" I heard Chaeyoung shout and I turned my head to her direction. I smiled seeing her wave her arm in the air while the other three were setting up.

I walked towards them and Jennie made eye contact with me.

"Hey." She greeted while looking away.

"Um hi." I awkwardly greeted back.

"Your outfit is not bad." She said and I swear I saw a smile. I smiled to myself before speaking.

"Thanks."

"Okay who's first?" Lisa says while holding her camera. "How 'bout Y/n?" Chaeyoung suggested and I smiled nervously.

"It's okay, don't be shy." Lisa said and everyone stepped aside.

It felt like a mini photo shoot. After a few solo shots, we all gathered for a group shot. Lisa prepared the stand for the camera and soon she joined us.

I was in the middle with Jisoo and Chaeyoung at my sides. Lisa on Chaeyoung's side and Jennie on Jisoo's side.

After taking a group shot, we decided to head home and sleep. I changed into comfortable clothes. I closed the lights and laid on the bed.

After minutes of closing my eyes, I somehow can't sleep. I sighed and open my eyes. I sat up and put on a jacket then I went out to the beach.

I walked  towards the shore and sat down on the sand. I stared at the night sky as the sounds of waves crashing filled my ears.

I closed my eyes as the cold wind blew.

"Hey." I opened my eyes and turned around to see Chaeyoung in her pajamas and a jacket.

"Can't sleep either?" I asked and she nodded. I patted my hand on the ground beside me signaling for her to sit down beside me.

She smiled and happily sat down next to me. I bring up my knees to my chest and hugged them. Chaeyoung did the same and we stayed silent for a while.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good." I replied.

"No you're not." She protested then looked at me. I looked at her with a confused expression as she sighed and rested her chin on her knee.

"Can you.. keep a secret?" She asked. "Yeah," I replied and she took a deep breath.

"Let me ask you first, do you know what day it is?" She asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Um.. no."

"Today is our friend's birthday." Chaeyoung said and had a relieved smile on her face.

"Really? How come you didn't celebrate?" I asked.

"That's the thing. Our friend is.. gone." She said and I was taken a back.

"Oh.. uh.. I'm sorry." I said and looked down feeling ashamed.

"No it's okay. She was a very special friend of ours and she died from a car accident." Chaeyoung said sighed sadly. I frowned remembering about something but shook my head and listened to Chaeyoung.

"We were good friends for ten years and I don't I'm ever going to forget about her." She said and smiled while staring at the sky.

"Well.. I'm sure she's somewhere up there, watching over all of you." I spoke trying to make her feel better.

"Yeah.." A few seconds later I heard sobs. I turned to her and was shock to see her crying. I scoot closer and wrapped an arm around her petite body.

"It's okay.. you can cry it out." I said and I felt her wrap her arms around me with her head buried on my chest.

I used my other hand to gently caress her back. I kept mumbling a few words like "it's okay" and "i'm here, you'll be okay."

After a few minutes, she calmed down and I felt her weight got heavier. I slowly checked and saw that she was fast asleep.

I smiled unknowingly and gently carried her to my house. I didn't wanna wake the others up so I lay her on my bed and I put the blanket over her body.

I smiled once again as I stared at her face for a few seconds. I then grabbed an extra blanket and settled to sleep on the couch.

Finally I was able to sleep with a smile on my face.

-----
A short and soft moment with Rosie for ya'll.

Thanks for reading and as always, stay safe!