C H A P T E R 10

Magsimula sa umpisa

   Tumango nalang ako para hindi halatang din-o-dog show ko siya sa isipan ko. "Yes. Do you mind answering who hit me? Was it... Travis by any chance?"

   Hindi ito sumagot at nanatili lang ang titig sa akin which just made me anxious upon waiting for his answer. I waited for his response as we had this fiddly silence between us with shared glances of anticipation. Ugh, what's he staring for?! Kailangan ba siyang load-an para gumana?!

   "Is that what my brother told you?" finally, he spoke before my mouth spits some "not-very-friendly" words. Having his response,  his answer raised a question rather than the answer I was expecting to get.

   I nodded my head in manner. "Uh-huh. We talked about it. Can you confirm that?"

   "Mhm. I can confirm to that. Since that was what my brother told me." pabalang na sagot nito at muli na namang nagbalik ang mapaglaro niyang ngisi. Kumunot ang noo ko.

   "What Leeviah told you? What does that mean?" nagtataka kong tanong.

   "He said if you ever asked me about what happened yesterday, that's what I should tell you." he stated and crossed his arms that made my heart thumped.

   What?

   Leeviah what?

   He did that?

   He really. . . said that?

   Unti-unti akong nilamon ng pagkalito subalit mas pumapatong ang pagkadismaya ko sa mga narinig. This is... more perplexing than I thought. Now the finger points at Leeviah. If he was being honest with me, he wouldn't spare the time to assert such inflaming demands to his brother, would he? That makes no sense! Unless he's the one lying to me the entire time?

   'Because professor, what if I told you that Amir, Johan, and Leeviah are actually the biggest liars here?'

   Madiin akong napapikit ng mata nang maalala ang isinumbat sa akin ni Travis nung nakaraang araw. Amir, Johan, and Leeviah... are lying to me? This can't be. Plus, it's Leeviah of all people! I'm not saying that I don't trust everyone else but him, it's just that Leeviah is the only student that has always been open and honest with me about everything since the first day. He can't lie to me! He wouldn't! After all these months of being their head professor, I witnessed and experienced first-hand how responsible and reliable he is to even assume he could spit lies directly at my tongue about this matter the class has been cuddled up with. Sure, perhaps he can lie all he wants about things he finds too private for anyone to intervene, but he can't tell lies about matters that directly involves me!

   "Come with me for a sec," mabilis kong hinigit si Leebow paalis sa puwesto namin para makapag-usap naman kami ng walang mga nakatagong mata ang palihim na nakatingin sa amin. Who wouldn't bat an eye on us? I seem to be having a "friendly" conversation with the university's most beloved council president.

   Sa rami ng mga chismoso rito, baka maging hot topic pa kami! Ugh. If I were to have this conversation with him, I'd rather do it in a secluded area where we're safe from those intrusive eyes of the wolves. Who knows, baka makita rin ako ng mga estudyante ko habang pabalik sila.

   Speaking of which, oh my God, anong oras na?!

   Balisa kong tinignan ang relo at palihim na napamura nang makitang dalawa o tatlong minuto nalang ata ang natitira bago sila bumalik. Pero kasi, late sila lagi bumabalik, at doon ko sila napagagalitan. Ngunit iba ngayon. Shit, sana ma-late sila! Sana ma-late sila! They can take their time as much as they want!