Chapter 5: A Hero By Heart

Start from the beginning

He twiddled with his thumbs, recalling every time he's been both spat at and looked down upon. He reminisced about that one trip to the doctors at the age of 5. The day he was found to be quirkless and told to give up on his dream. He thought about Kacchan, and all the torment he and his friends put him through. He even thought of his own mother, and how she gave up on him and accepted his faith.

"Maybe that's why... I don't know..." he trailed off.

"It makes me want to prove them wrong. Ever since I was a kid I thought saving people was the coolest thing you could do." Izuku smiled, he was always ambitious when it came to heroism.

"I want people to see my fearless smile and feel safe... and be the kind of hero everyone in the world looks up to." Izuku lifted his head, gazing forward.

"Just like you!"

He was shocked to see a cloud of smoke, but when it cleared a scrawny old man stood in place of All Might. He had shaggy blond hair and sunken blue orbs.

"Uhhhhhhh.....Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!" Izuku screamed,

"Wait.... who... what happened? You deflated!!!"

The man deadpanned at Izuku's reaction, but it was to be expected.

"Where did All Might go? You're not him. You're a fake. An imposter!!!" Izuku rambled. He glanced around in panic, searching for any slight trace of the man being a phony.

The man sighed,

"I assure you that I am All Might," blood spouted from his mouth.

"IMPOSSIBLE!!" Izuku screeched.

Skinny Might wiped the leftover blood from the corners of his mouth.

"You know how guys at the pool are always sucking in and flexing, trying to look buff.... I'm like that." he referenced.

"This can't be real, ... I'm dreaming... All Might, the giant of a man who saves everyone. He defeats all obstacles and wins the day with a smile on his face. There's no other explanation." Izuku honestly felt a bit light headed, he wouldn't be surprised if he fainted soon.

"I'm counting on you to keep your mouth shut, Don't go talking about this online or to your friends." All Might warned.

Izuku nodded his head in agreement, it's not like he had any friends anyways. Well, other than Kaida and Kira but that's a story for another time.

Izuku watched All Might lift his shirt, revealing a large nasty wound on the lower left side of his abdomen. It was a reddish/purplish blotch shaped peculiarly, probably from the aftermath of a powerful quirk. It was an ulgy scar, one that probably hurt like hell.

"Pretty gross right?" All Might joked, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I got this sucker in a big fight five years back," he explained.

"My respiratory system was basically destroyed, I lost my whole stomach. All the surgeries have pretty much worn me out... and it can't be fixed. Right now I can only do hero work for about three hours a day. The rest of the time... this is what I look like."

Izuku exhaled sharply. His heart sank with every word All Might spoke.

"No way," he muttered.

"Five years ago? So does that mean it was the fight with Toxic Chainsaw?"

"Wow, you really know your stuff fan boy," All Might praised.

"But no. The punk may have landed some hits but he couldn't bring me down."