Indigo hummed. "He's your soulmate and a demon, so he's bound to be possessive and want to protect you and keep you for himself," he explained. "If you really hate him, just leave. Even if he's angry and doesn't want to, Simon is more levelheaded than some of the sins and he'd probably let you go so you can be happy. Darius offered for me to leave, but when he gave me the chance, I realized that I'm happier here. I have other supernaturals around me and a Master who doesn't treat me like a toy... well, unless I want him to."

"You think he'll let me leave if I want?"

Indigo bit his bottom lip. "Maybe," he said in a soft voice eyeing his Master. "I don't know him all that well but I think he would. But, aren't you happier with him?"

Kayden gave him a look of disgust. "I barely know him."

"How'd you meet?"

"He hired me as a PA." Kayden paused and tilted his head thought. "Then saved me from a vampire."

Indigo raised an eyebrow. "Isn't that a good impression?" he asked, knowing how ruthless vampires could be.

"I guess, but then he brought me back to his house, put a mark on my neck, and told me I couldn't leave because he sold my apartment."

"Ouch."

Kayden nodded and sighed. "Maybe if he had just saved me I'd be a little happier, but I'm still pissed at him," he said stiffly, shooting a dirty look at the back of Simon's head.

Indigo finished his drink and grabbed both his cup and Kayden's, topping Kayden's with more of the liquid from Hell and mixing his own, constantly looking over to Darius to make sure he wasn't looking.

Kayden grabbed the cup and chugged it, almost instantly feeling dazed and out of it. He giggled and grabbed Indigo's, trying to drink out of it, but Indigo grabbed it back.

"Shhhh," he whispered as Kayden drunkenly whined. "You're gonna get us in trouble!"

"Noooo," Kayden whined, the effects of the drink kicking in much more quickly than he had anticipated. "I want more!"

Indigo tried to get Kayden to shut up, but in seconds, Darius and Simon were over at the table.

"How much did you give him?" Darius asked, lightly grabbing Indigo's hair and smelling his breath. "If he drank more than you..."

Indigo shrank back in his chair.

"Indigo!" Darius scolded. "Humans can barely hold three tablespoons of this without getting tipsy! How much did you give him?!"

"Umm..." Indigo looked at Kayden's drunken state and then the angry glare on both Simon and Darius' faces. "Maybe a little over a cup?"

Darius' jaw was tight. "And I'm assuming it's already kicked in?" he asked, seeing how happy and giddy Kayden looked.

"He hasn't punched me for being in his personal bubble yet..." Simon put his hand on Kayden's head, running his fingers through the human's hair. "And he just let me touch him without freaking out, so I'm gonna assume it already kicked in."

Kayden protested when Simon stopped petting his hair, making Simon realize just how out of it Kayden was.

"Let's go on a walk," Kayden said, getting out of his chair and stumbling, barely being caught by Simon. "Indigo, where's more of the blue juice?"

Darius had a firm grip on Indigo's hair and pulled him out of his seat. "You're in so much trouble," he growled, making Indigo, for the first time that evening, completely cower under Darius' gaze. "Simon, he's going to have a terrible hangover, so I'll send someone to bring medicine into your room."

Kayden was still laughed and speaking incoherently. "Let's go on a walk," he said, grabbing Simon's arm and trying to steady himself. "I want to go swim."

"It's too cold out," Simon said, the sun setting outside the window. "You'll get sick."

"I'll wear a coat!" Kayden exclaimed, managing to balance himself and walking over to a closet and grabbing a jacket that wasn't his own.

Simon sighed. "How about we just go sit on the beach? Tomorrow we can swim if it's warmer."

Kayden pouted but agreed, his drunken mind set on getting to the beach because he'd never been to one before. They didn't have beaches in Ohio, so Kayden wanted to go out without shoes and run on the sand.

"Alright, sit here and I'll get a blanket and my jacket," Simon said, making Kayden sit on the ground.

They left for the beach, Simon keeping a close eye on Kayden because he couldn't walk all the far on his own without falling, and he clung onto Simon, showering him with kisses whenever the demon caught him before he hit the ground.

The sand was still warm since the sun had barely set, and Kayden loved it. He took his shoes off and ran into the sand, only to trip and get a mouthful of the substance.

"Are you okay?!" Simon asked, dropping the stuff he was carrying and patting Kayden's back so he could cough out the sand.

Kayden scrunched his face up. "Ew," he said, wiping his face and following Simon to the middle of the beach and laying on the blanket once they'd collected their fallen items. "Wow! Look at the stars!"

"They're really bright, huh?" Simon asked, and Kayden's only response was a dropped jaw as he stared at the sky. "Kayden?"

"Hm?" Kayden asked, his eyes filled with excitement and glee.

Simon sighed. "I hope you remember being this happy around me when you're sober."

"I will!" Kayden promised. "I don't actually hate you that much. You're just controlling and don't like to listen."

"I'll change," Simon promised. "Anything to keep you with me."

Kayden giggled and sat up, Simon sitting up beside him. "You're making me question my heterosexuality."

"Uh... okay," Simon said, surprised when Kayden leaned into his side, looking up at him.

Simon held his breath while Kayden reached up and grabbed the back of his head, pulling their faces closer. Their lips were mere centimeters away, but then Kayden suddenly pulled back, grabbing his stomach.

"Shit," Simon murmured as Kayden threw up all over his lap.

Kayden bursted into tears.