The Royals and The Court

Start from the beginning

On the way up they passed a pale looking Dean Thomas, the boy flinching away when he met Hadrian's gaze and the raven smiled in response, waving slightly, causing the boy to stumble into a tapestry, fear clear on his face.

"At this rate, he won't drop dead from a spell, but fear alone." commented Theo, aiming his wand at the boy and chuckling when he was suddenly scratching at his skin as a rash had broken out on every inch of his body.

"Why are you hexing him? You're already a Royal." said Ron, though he too was laughing. "No reason. Just bored." he said and Ron shook his head. "Hades, about the Court, should we call them all to the Slytherin common room? We'll have to inform the other Slytherins about them so there won't be any confusion." he said, looking toward the taller boy and Hadrian hummed.

"Yes. Send them a summons during lunch."

~^~

"You got one too?" commented Graham Montague at the beginning of lunch from his seat beside his best friend, Adrian Pucey. The darker haired wizard nodded, looking down at his own letter. That morning Hadrian Black had approached them both, asking them to be members of his Court.

A group with power close to that of the Royals but would still be below them. They would manage anything Hadrian asked them to and keep everything in their House as well as the Houses they allied themselves with, in order.

They both accepted of course, how could they not? And that afternoon they had received a black envelope from Fred Weasley. An invitation.

"Hadrian mentioned that there will be ten Court members. I wonder who else got an invite." said Adrian as the two stood. It was time for the meeting. Most of Slytherin House had gotten up and when Graham glanced over he saw Dumbledore staring over at them in confusion and wary.

"If Hadrian called a meeting for the entire Slytherin House, there must be members that aren't from our House." he said and Adrian hummed. There was a sort of anticipation in the air as the snakes made their way back to the dungeons.

Hadrian and the Royals hadn't been at lunch so Graham guessed that they were already seated in the common room.

When they reached the stone wall that hid their common room, they were greeted by Severus Snape. The portrait was already open and he watched as everyone filed in. When he spotted the black envelopes Graham and Adrian held, he gave a nod.

The two entered last and their eyes were immediately drawn to the space where the Royals sat. Hadrian was standing at the moment and when he spotted Graham and Adrian, he motioned them forward.

"I'll ask one last time, you are certain that you wish to be a Court member?" said the raven, a certain glint in his eyes. They knew what that meant. That even if he was asking them that, he didn't intend on letting them off that easily. They had gotten into something they definitely wouldn't be getting out of.

"Yes. I'm sure." said Graham, no hesitance in his voice and Adrian nodded. "As am I. I will be happy to serve you any way I can." he said and Hadrian gave a pleased smile. "Wise decision." he said, then looked behind them. The two turned and were met with the sight of some students they recognized from different Houses.

When Hadrian had confirmed that everyone was there, even Cedric Diggory, he cleared his throat and it was silent.

"Thank you all for coming today. This matter had to be shared with the entire House as it pertains to other Houses as well. You may be confused as to why there are several Hufflepuffs, a Ravenclaw beside Padma and a Gryffindor besides Parvati here. That reason is simple. These select students will make up my Court. The wizards and witches that will carry out my orders and manage anything I wish for them to. This will also start an alliance with those of certain Houses. All but Gryffindor for the moment, since they will be the most difficult to convert." said Hadrian and there were murmurs all around.