Lucius Malfoy

Lucius Malfoy

"This is Tom. He's a good friend of mine and my Lord. Tom, you've seen Lucius." smiled his father, his grey blue eyes alight with pride as a young Lucius stared up wide eyed at the handsome man before him.

Crimson eyes focused on the young boy, a smile creasing his handsome features.

"He's dashing Abraxas. Just like his father. He's eleven now, isn't he?" said Tom, and chuckled when Lucius held out a hand.

Tom brought the boy into a hug and Lucius didn't understand why he felt so relaxed right then. Like meeting an old friend. He hugged back and Tom squeezed the boy gently before pulling back to look him over.

"He is. But he's quieter than I was. I suppose he gets it from his mother." said Abraxas, shaking his head and Lucius finally opened his mouth to speak.

"Are you..the Dark Lord? I've heard a lot but I didn't expect you to be friendly." he said slowly and Tom hummed. "I assure you I can be scary but you are my best friend's son. I couldn't hate those I see as family." said the man, Lucius tilting his head.

"You can be friends with those who follow you?" he remarked, surprised and Tom nodded. "Of course. My followers weren't always my followers. Before, they were friends. Children I met in school who shared my beliefs and goals. Later on as we grew, we realized what we wanted in this world. Abraxas is the reason I'm here. Without him, Lord Voldemort wouldn't exist. He follows me of his own accord and I take everything he says to heart. Yes he listens to me, but he is allowed to point out when I may be wrong or when something won't work." explained Tom and Lucius nodded slowly.

"I understand. Do I have to follow you too?" he asked and Tom shook his head, though he noticed the slight agitation from Abraxas. He couldn't help it, Tom was his friend but of course he was also his Lord. He didn't like the thought of his son not following the Dark Lord.

"That is not how it works. You must follow of your own accord. If you do not believe in the things I do, I will not force you to follow me. But I doubt you'd follow the light. You were born in a dark family, your magic is dark. As you are now though, you're a child. You need not worry so much about those things." said Tom and Lucius raised a brow. "Father has been following you since he was eleven according to grandmother."

Abraxas snorted and Tom rolled his eyes. "We were overachievers in everything we did. Now if you'll excuse me." said the Dark Lord and Lucius watched as the man seemed to glide by, his mind obviously on other things.

"If you need anything Lucius, you go to Tom. Whether it be someone bothering you or a question about classwork at Hogwarts, ask Tom. Especially if I'm not there. He will help you no matter what." said Abraxas, holding his son's shoulder firmly and a young Lucius stared up at his father.

"Do you trust him that much father? Even more than mother?" he asked curiously, not exactly understanding the connection his father had with someone such as Tom. Tom was warm to them but Lucius could see something cold in his eyes. Something..not human there. He didn't think the man truly cared as much as his father said.

Abraxas didn't hesitate to nod.

"Yes. More than your mother. And she knows this. Tom will never fail me. Nor you. Ever. Now, go get your list. It's time to go to Diagon Alley." and Lucius nodded before leaving his father alone in the foyer.