The Sorting

The Sorting

The group had eventually found themselves a spacious compartment in which Inky took the liberty of making bigger and locking to all but Hadrian's friends.

Moments after finding their compartment, the twins wondered in, already in their school robes. Ron watched the group with wide eyes. "Hiya-"

"Hades!" greeted the twins, bringing the boy in for a tight embrace and Hadrian grinned. The action was surprisingly pleasant and Ron couldn't stop staring. The twins sat at Hadrian's feet, the raven reaching down to run his fingers through their hair. Draco took the seat beside Hadrian, his cat, that Ron had found out was not a normal cat, jumped up onto the seat and laid in the blonde's lap.

It was strange but to Ron, it looked as if they were flocking to Hadrian. Like they were his subjects.

"Hello my demons. How was your summer?" asked the raven, smiling fondly when Fred leaned further into his touch. "Boring." he grumbled, George adding, "But we did have fun at your birthday party."

"Good." said Hadrian, then paused as he finally looked at Ron. Ron immediately felt himself straightening in his seat and he had no idea why.

"Ron. You say you aren't a blood traitor. Is that true?" he asked and Ron nodded eagerly, that is until Hadrian's eyes darkened and he glowered at the boy. "Then why have you been treating my demons like dirt?" murmured Hadrian, his tone hard and Ron paled.

"I didn't want to. It's what my mum and dad expect. What Ginerva expects. If I don't they'll speak to Dumbledore.. and he believes that my family completely supports him but the twins and I, Bill and Charlie, we don't." he stammered and froze when the snake raised its head suddenly, hissing something.

His eyes widened further than possible when he watched Hadrian hiss back.

~The nervous one does not lie.~ it hissed and Hadrian nodded. ~Thank you Anubis.~ he hissed back, almost chuckling at the shock on Ron's face. "Anubis says you aren't lying. I would like it, if we could be friends. If that's alright with you of course. If not, you may leave." said the raven and Ron seemed to relax, smiling as his skin returned to its originally healthy shade.

"I would love to be your friend Hadrian." he said, just as the door opened. The group looked over to see a tall boy with dark brown hair and grey eyes. He was already in his school robes and he looked slightly annoyed as he glanced over at Ron. "Weasley. What are you doing here with Hades?" he uttered coldly, causing Ron to narrow his eyes.

"None of your business Lestrange." he retorted and Hadrian looked at the newcomer. "Neville..you know Ron." he stated and Neville nodded once as he closed the door and slumped down into the seat closest to the door, unwilling to sit too close to Ron.

"Yeah. He's a loud mouthed idiot." Ron began to retort, then immediately closed his mouth at the look he received from Hadrian. "As of now he is our friend. I want you to get along with him." said Hadrian and Neville looked annoyed but nodded. "Fine. But only because I trust you." he mumbled and Draco coughed to cover a laugh.

Neville shot him a glare and the twins snickered.

The rest of the ride was spent in silence until Draco decided to speak with the twins about Quidditch. Hearing this, Ron immediately joined in and the boys talked lively. Neville, still reluctant about becoming friendly with a Weasley other than the twins, took out his Herbology book and began reading.