Life On The Other Side (Ginny)

Start from the beginning

It was like he had opened her mind somehow.

"Ginny?"

"Oh, sorry Cedric. I was a bit lost in thought." she uttered, blushing when he stared at her and he chuckled. "That's alright." smiled the elder wizard and the two made their way out of the common room and down to the Great Hall. On the way down, they were met with Daphne Greengrass and Tracey Davis, the two Slytherin friends Ginny had mentioned.

Hadrian made it clear that her Slytherin friends had to be a smart choice and that Parkinson was out of the question so she chose two girls that were known to dislike Parkinson.

"Morning Ginny. Oh, you brought Diggory." stated Daphne, giving the boy a look and he laughed sheepishly, scratching his head. "No need to be so protective, Daph." he said and she rolled her eyes, Tracey chuckling.

"Uh huh. You may be a nice guy but we're on to you Diggory. You'd better be treating Ginny right." she said, smirking slightly and Cedric raised a brow. "And if I wasn't?"

"Then you'd have to deal with me." came the smooth voice and Ginny's heart raced when Hadrian, Draco, Ron and Neville appeared from behind. The raven smiling toward her. "Good morning Ginny." he said warmly and her face reddened, Cedric frowning slightly at this.

"Good morning Hades. You don't have to worry, Cedric is being really nice." she said and Hadrian hummed. "Good. Excuse us." he stated and the group stepped to the side, letting the Royals through.

"That Hadrian, he's different." said Cedric and Tracey and Daphne shared a look.

"What do you mean?" asked Ginny slowly and Cedric looked thoughtful. "Well..I mean, he's intelligent and his magic..I've felt it before. It's quite powerful..but he's obviously dark." he muttered, sounding hesitant and Ginny nodded.

"Maybe you should speak with him. If you're curious. Of course you don't have to." Cedric hummed but didn't respond and the group continued on down to the Hall.

When they got to the entrance Cedric carefully pulled away from Ginny. "I actually have to get to Quidditch practice but I'll see you later. Okay?" he smiled and Ginny nodded. "Okay. Don't get hit by a bludger." she said and he laughed as he leaned forward, kissing her cheek lightly.

Her face reddened and he smirked before turning and heading in the other direction.

"You know it's only been a few weeks. It looks as if he already has a crush on you." commented Tracey as the three girls entered the Hall. A few Hufflepuffs waved at Ginny and she waved back as she passed, deciding to sit with the Slytherins that day. She would take turns sitting at each table and it had a great effect.

Not only was she sitting there but a few other Hufflepuffs had began sitting with the snakes as well, some going so far as to speak with the Royals. Not Hadrian directly just yet, as most were still scared of Anubis, but Ginny would often see Fred and George speaking with Wayne Hopkins, another third year who was a half-blood but dark.

He hid it because he was afraid the puffs might say something to Dumbledore but slowly and surely he was letting it be known in the Hufflepuff house.

Ginny sighed.

"Yes but he still hangs around Cho Chang. Every time she sees me with him, she makes it her mission to drag him away. Though he does look annoyed whenever she's around." she said and Tracey hummed. "You don't have to worry about that much longer. Fred and George will take care of her, just be patient." she said and Ginny nodded.

She already knew what they were planning to do. Hadrian told her. Of course he had been hesitant, not wanting to lose the hold on her, but even with knowing that they were about to kill someone innocent for the sake of a House alliance, Ginny refused to waver.