You Almost Made Me Drop My Croissant

Viv slumped into the front passenger's seat of her dad's Range Rover. She had a black hoodie on over a black turtle neck and black sweat pants. The most alarming thing was her oversized black sunglasses and the black Air Force 1's. Even her clueless dad knew that nothing good came from someone who wore all black Air Force 1's unless they were walking into the kitchen from their smoke break.

"Sent her a little too hard eh man?" Christin jokes as Viv fastens her seatbelt.

Viv groans, "I don't even want to talk about it."

"This why you texted me at 3 a.m. to pick you up instead of your mom?" Christian asks his very obviously hungover daughter.

Viv nods and sips on a sticker covered hydro flask that she had produced from her backpack. Christian couldn't help but notice she had a sticker of a cartoon version of him from the Brewers days next to one of Baker in his Browns uniform. Viv stays silent and scrolls through her Instagram as she allows the Advil she had just popped to start working. Her feed was full of her already impressive season highlights, her most recent interview where she trolled TMZ Sports for starting unnecessary drama, and of course a shit ton of UCLA baseball.

It had been two weeks since her and Nolan's fight on his 21st birthday. Viv wasn't any less mad at Nolan and definitely didn't feel like she overreacted. If she hadn't shown up Nolan probably would have had a threesome with the two blondes while she was pretty sure she had cobwebs around her pussy considering that last thing that was in there was fucking Cy Bellinger's fingers. Actually, for all Viv knew Nolan had been in a 24 hour fuck fest with six blondes and had contracted both chlamydia and gonorrhea.

Fuck him. Viv thinks as she scrolls past a video of him hitting a walk off home run off Vanderbilt.

"Yo, dad," Viv calls and Christian nods to acknowledge his daughter. "Anyone ever tell you that you look like Sheen Estevez?"

Christian glares at his daughter who has extended her arm showing him a TikTok comparing the two. Viv laughs as her dad narrows his gaze even further, "I was going to take you to get food, but forget it."

Viv immediately drops her phone, "no please no! I am so sorry."

Christian laughs, "You're too easy kid." He flicks on his blinker and pulls the Range Rover into the Chick-fil-a drive thru.

Viv leans over her dad who is shocked by her actions mostly because she was practically sitting in his lap, "hi yeah, I'll have two chicken biscuits, a large fruit cup, two orders of hash browns and a large vanilla iced coffee."

Christian stares at his daughter in awe, "you give me anxiety."

"You created me," Viv fires back.

They both laugh and Christian orders. Viv had noticed that her relationship with her dad had been really good since CJ moved to Oklahoma. Somehow having all her dad's attention and support had made her played better. Like she was determined to impress her dad. It had really shown as Viv entered week 8 as the number one player in the nation, the number one team and the only undefeated team. She had racked up only two errors, a serve that the wind had carried out and a block that she jumped too high on. Christian had noticed how hard his daughter had been working and told her everyday that she was doing amazing.

Christian handed Viv the bags and continued their drive to Hollywood, "Have I told you I love you lately?" Viv asks as she stuffs her face with hash browns. "Cause I do."

"Shoot this is what it takes to get an I love you?" Christian scoffs. "If only I had figured that one out 20 years ago."

Viv does her best to laugh, but its hard when she is chewing on a chicken biscuit. The father and daughter a quiet the rest of the ride to the office. Viv was signing her deal with Nike today and it was long await. After months of begging her to pick them over Mizuno Viv finally said yes, but only because they were going to hand down her mother's Off-White x Nike campaign and she was about to rock some fly kicks.