2: Cute Girl

Gerard's pov

Sitting on a bench, I carefully drew each line in my sketchbook. This morning, all the same people stood around the platform.

Sleepy teens sat on top of each other at the bench beside mine, desperately trying to get one more second of sleep in. A few older men and women stood around, ready for their work day. Then, there was the cute girl.

Every morning, she stood in the same spot, making the same quick glances around the room. I looked up at her, she had her eyes on the subway tracks. Same thing every morning... she's cute... but I'm not gonna say anything...

Just then, the subway came to a slow stop. The same boring people tiredly stepped onto the platform. I stood up, my messenger back slung over my shoulder, and joined said tired, boring people.

The cute girl stood in front of me. My eyes were too focused on my pencil marks to pay much attention to her. Until, suddenly, it felt as if someone were watching over me. It must be her... no one else is close to me...

I sent a simple glance, her eyes were on my paper. Quickly, she brought her nervous eyes to mine. She stepped back and sent an apologetic smile. Confused by her actions, I smiled back, then went back to my page. That was weird... oh wait... I think she was looking at my drawing... oh...

My eyes went back to her, but she seemed distracted.  I went back to drawing. I wonder who she is... where she goes everyday... what her life is like... she probably lives somewhere nice...

As I now looked at my page, I had accidentally drawn the cute girl in front of me. I sent a nervous glance towards her. She didn't notice a thing. Oh shit... fuck... erase! Erase!

But before I could, the subway came to a stop. Quickly, I put my things away. As I stepped out onto the platform, I watched as the cute girl walked the other way. Pitter patter goes my heart...

I walked up the concrete steps, and down the path towards the ferry. As I walked on board, thoughts of her slipped away. My sketchbook was back on my lap as I sat in my everyday chair. The same blue water set just outside that matched the same pretty blue sky.

Eventually, the ferry came to a stop, and everyone got off and onto the dock. I walked around until finally, I made it into the building, and to my work space. My messenger bag fell to the floor beside me as I sat at my drafting desk. A piece of paper already sat there. A sketch from yesterday was waiting to be colored.

"Hey Gerard," I heard my coworker walk in, not bothering to turn around, "How's that show of yours working out? Uh, the lunch time gorilla?"

"The Breakfast Monkey?" I asked.

"Sure..." he doesn't actually care... just wants to mock me...

"Better than your show. What's it called again? Lame ass kids in a treehouse?"

"Codename: Kids Next Door!" I could see him run a hand through his slick blond hair before folding his arms without even looking at him, "Speaking of," He held a smug smirk, "We got green lighted."

"What!?" I asked in disbelief and turning towards him.

"Yeah, what? Did your little dinner chimp not make the cut?" He snickered.

"Fuck off! The Breakfast Monkey's heading to Adult Swim!"

"Adult Swim?" He scoffed, "You might as well pack up and leave now."

"Why's that?"

"Cause Space Ghost runs the whole goddamn program. Plus, with the new anime block being added in, there's gonna be no room for your little food chimp." I rolled my eyes.

"Y'know what, Dan?" He hummed, "Go be a douche somewhere else." He scoffed and walked away. I hate this job... I hate it so much...

I took a deep breath and went back to my work. Every now and then, someone would come over and talk to me about what I was doing. Just like every other day. Until finally, it was lunch time.

With my bag slung over my shoulder, I took a seat by myself in the courtyard. A few coworkers sat near me, but not with me. They talked and laughed as I scribbled in my sketchbook.

"Ay Gerard," I glanced up to see one of the boys looking at me.

"Sup Johnny," I greeted. A nice smile was drawn across his dark brown face.

"Dave over there's sayin' that cartoon artists like us can't get girls. Can you be our tie breaker?"

"Whatta ya mean?"

"You gotta girl?" I smiled, looking back at my page.

"Nah..."

"Really? No one at all?" Johnny asked. Cute girl...

"Well, I mean, I dunno..." I continued my little sketch with just a few lines as I thought, then looked back to them, "There is this girl. We ride the subway together, she's really cute, but..."

"But?"

"Uhm, I've never even talked to her. Even if I did, it wouldn't work out," I itched the back of my head, "She's way out of my league..."

"Whatever, I say it counts!" One of them cried.

"Does not!" They went back to their group. I was left by myself, once again. Oh cute girl... I just wanna go home... these idiots are driving me insane...

Finally, I left the courtyard and sat back at my desk with a short yawn. Everyone else strutted in with loud laughter and smiles.

"Hey Gee, watcha workin' on?" One of them asked.

"Breakfast Money..."

"Oh, cool," He answered, definitely not finding it cool, "We're workin' on uh, Samurai Jack, second season baby! Second season! It's gonna be great."

"Sounds like it..." go away...

"Yeah, it was nice talkin' with ya. Have fun with your uh, Breakfast chimp..."

"Breakfast Monkey..."

"Huh?"

"You said breakfast chimp, it's Breakfast Monkey..."

"Aight, my bad, see ya..." And he walked off.

Only a few more hours... then I get to go home... still need to get a roommate... hey! Maybe I should ask someone here!

I quietly smiled to myself. Yeah right... that'd not go down well...

Finally, I glanced up at the clock. It was about time for me to leave. Quickly, I put away my things, grabbed my bag, and began out the door. The wind blew just slightly as I walked back towards the dock. Yes... I get to go home...

OwO-
Yay! Second chapter! Just wanna say, sorry for nerding out a bit with the cartoons. I couldn't help myself. I thought it would be kinda interesting to give you guys a little insight on the characters everyday lives before jumping into the story. Just to give you a real feel of what's going on here. Hope you liked it! Have a lovely day~peace out cheesebags